Web DeveloperUniversity of North Alabama | Alabama, NY, 14003, US
Salary Range:$52,000 – $62,000 Salary range estimated by Zippia
Posted a month ago
Web DeveloperFor questions, please email email@example.com or call 256.765.4291 and select option #2. Selecting an option other than #2 will result in a delayed response.
Bookmark this Current Posting |Print Preview |Apply for this Job
Please see Special Instructions for more details.Applicants must upload a cover letter and resume at the time of application, as well as provide contact information for at least three professional references. For questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 256.765.4291.
Posting DetailsPosition Information Posting Number S0601495 Position Title Web Developer Department Enrollment Marketing & Digital Communication FLSA Exempt General Description This position works with a team of marketing and communications professionals to develop, manage, and maintain university web sites and environments through the performance of web design, development, deployment, and maintenance activities. We currently have two positions open. Essential Job Duties
- Design, create, modify, and maintain university-affiliated websites;
- Collaborate with stakeholders to create engaging websites, applications, and services for internal and external audiences;
- Develop, test, and debug web applications in various browsers and devices;
- Enhance and modify applications, as necessary, to ensure optimal user experience;
- Assist in the management of the content management systems and serve as an expert resource for key stakeholders;
- Provide the user-base with training on CMS usage and website best practices;
- Provide excellent customer service to internal stakeholders to ensure digital content and communication efforts meet university standards;
- Serve as a source of expertise regarding new and existing web-related projects;
- Ensure web-based content meets or exceeds accessibility guidelines;
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Creative, resourceful, and flexible team player;
- Excellent collaborator and communicator;
- Ability to work effectively with technical and non-technical users to successfully execute web projects in support of marketing and business development goals;
- Ability to effectively communicate project status, issues, and resolutions;
- Fluency in industry best practices, tools, and techniques for site optimization, and the capacity to successfully prioritize and implement improvements;
- Ability to develop effective and engaging user interfaces and user experiences;
- Ability to evaluate user behavior and apply insights to develop more user-friendly experiences;
- Ability to identify and implement process improvements;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- High school diploma/equivalent is required;
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field is preferred;
- Minimum of two years of work experience in the field is required;
- Expert-level experience with HTML5 and CSS is required;
- Some experience with XML and XSLT is preferred;
- Experience developing in/for enterprise-level CMS , ex. Cascade or Omni CMS , is preferred;
- Experience developing in/for WordPress is preferred.
Applicants must upload a cover letter and resume at the time of application, as well as provide contact information for at least three professional references. For questions, please email email@example.com or call 256.765.4291. Licenses, Certifications, or Registrations Essential Physical Requirements Standing, Walking, Sitting, Using Hands, Talking/Hearing, Lifting up to 10 pounds, Lifting up to 25 pounds Environmental Working Conditions Indoor environment Special Vision Requirements Color Vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors) Salary Range Grade 510; $37,443-$50,123 Is the position Full-Time or Part-Time? Full-Time Duration of Appointment/Assignment EEO Statement UNA is an equal opportunity employer committed to achieving excellence and strength through diversity. UNA seeks a wide range of applicants for this position so that one of our core values, ethnic and cultural diversity, will be affirmed. UNA is a smoke-free campus. Position Type Staff Posting Date 02/14/2023 Closing Date 03/03/2023 Open Until Filled No
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- University Employee/Website/Email/Social Media
- Times Daily/Other Newspaper/Online Classified Ad
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- Insight Into Diversity
- Discipline-Specific Job Posting
(Open Ended Question)
- Some experience.
- Working experience.
- In-Depth experience.
- Expert-level experience.
- I do not have experience with any of those listed.
- No, wtih neither.
- Yes, with XML.
- Yes, with XSLT.
- Yes, with both.
- No, I do not experience developing in/for an enterprise-level CMS.
- Yes, I have experience with either Cascade or Omni.
- Yes, I have experience with a different CMS.