Production AssociateHD Supply Canada, Inc | Flower Mound, TX, 75027, US
Posted a month ago
- Experience reading a tape measure or other measurement devices.
- Basic math skills
Performs multiple tasks involved in the production of various products within one department. Handles materials such as rubber, stretch cord, and packing.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
Works on processes within assigned department, including the insertion of materials, clamping, fitting parts, and use of some hand tools.
Cuts various materials to specific dimensions as required by fabrication spec sheet and uses a tape measure to determine length cuts, read work order spec sheets, and double check measurements for accuracy.
Reads job specifications to determine machine adjustments and material requirements
Performs bench-type processes to complete material assemblies and sub-assemblies using hand tools and electronic and pneumatic tools as required.
Notifies supervisor of any mechanical, material, or safety issues.
Attaches appropriate labels and tags to products and packages.
Follows standard work methods, standard operating procedures, and job aides.
Packs finished goods into correct packages and boxes goods using assigned packing materials and places finished goods on designated pallet.
Nature and Scope
- Selects correct processes from clearly prescribed rules, past practices, or instruction. Seeks advice and guidance on non-routine or problem areas from supervisor. Deviations from the norm are cleared by the supervisor.
- Under close supervision, exercises limited latitude/independent judgment. Work typically involves detailed checks or close review of output by a senior coworker and/or supervisor.
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Requires intermittent periods during which continuous physical exertion is required, such as walking, standing, stooping, climbing, lifting, and maneuvering material or equipment that may be heavy (50+ pounds) or awkward.
Education and Experience
- HS Diploma or GED strongly preferred. 0-2 years of experience in area of responsibility.
At HD Supply, we believe that our core purpose is to improve our associates’ lives and equip them with the tools needed to provide exceptional customer experiences every day. As one of the largest industrial distributors in North America, we enable our customers’ success by consistently delivering what they need, where and when they need it.
HD SUPPLY has more than 80 years of experience supporting our customers with leadership positions in the maintenance, repair and operations (MRO). With 44 distribution centers spread across 25 states and two Canadian provinces, HD Supply provides an expansive offering of approximately 200,000 SKUs featuring high-quality, name-brand and proprietary products – all at competitive prices.
Combine this with our industry-leading, value-add services – including localized jobsite delivery, will-call and direct-ship options, diversified logistics and innovative solutions – and you can see why our more than 300,000 customers continue to trust HD Supply as their first choice supplier for getting the job done.