Assistant Director of DevelopmentThe Crisis Center Of Tampa Bay | Tampa, FL, 33646, US
Posted 25 days ago
Assistant Director of Development - Careers At The Crisis Center
THE MOST REWARDING JOB IN TAMPACareers At The Crisis Center
Since 1972, the Crisis Center of Tampa Bay has been committed to bringing help, hope and healing to people facing serious life challenges. What we do and how we do it has changed dramatically over the years—and it will continue to evolve—but there is one thing that has never changed: the extraordinary dedication of Crisis Center volunteers, donors, and staff.Back To Openings
Assistant Director of DevelopmentDepartment: Development - General Location: Tampa, FL
START YOUR APPLICATION
The Crisis Center of Tampa Bay brings help, hope and healing to people facing serious life challenges or trauma resulting from sexual assault or abuse, domestic violence, financial distress, substance abuse, medical emergency, suicidal thoughts, emotional or situational problems.
The Assistant Director of Development assists in building the agency’s culture of philanthropy and helps reach the financial goals of the agency by spearheading the annual giving campaign. This position reports to the Vice President of Development and in his or her absence the CEO/President.
Strategic/Transformational Duties and Responsibilities
The primary responsibility is to develop and carry our all necessary strategies to solicit funds and maintain ongoing relationships with donors.
Transactional/Administrative Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage agency’s annual fundraising program using the Benevon Model.
- Using Moves Management (MM) method, maintain portfolio of donors.
- Prepare and execute donor cultivation plan including engagement strategies.
- Coordinate fundraising efforts with VP of Development and CEO.
- Responsible for weekly calls/visits measured by metrics-based evaluations.
- Assist with leading the Women in Action Steering Committee and Legacy Council.
- Manage the Women in Action and planned giving programs.
- Secure financial support from individuals.
- In conjunction with the Development Team, plan and organize fundraising events, including the Cup of Compassion.
- Train and support Development volunteers as needed.
- Maintain a climate of professionalism, integrity, advocacy and confidentiality.
- Have knowledge of and comply with the policies and procedures of the Agency.
- Perform other such duties as may be assigned by supervisor and/or President & CEO.
- Cooperation/Teamwork - Works toward win/win solutions. Deals with conflict collaboratively. Discusses root causes underlying the problem. Develops effective working relationships.
- Engaging Communication-Relates to people in an open, honest, sincere manner. Treats people with respect. Is friendly and approachable. Listens attentively to others. Communicates ideas clearly. Communicates appropriately with leadership and coworkers.
- Customer Service (Internal & External)- Recognizes and attends to important details with accuracy and efficiency. Treats customers courteously. Responds to customer requests in a timely manner. Elicits feedback from customers to monitor their satisfaction. Considers both short and long-term interests of the customer in making service decisions. Proactively identifies customer needs. Takes responsibility to resolve customer complaints. Takes business or personal risks to serve customers’ long-term interests. Creates strategies to help the organization serve customers more effectively
- Adaptability- Adapts readily to changes. Works effectively under stress. Needs minimal supervision. Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment. Is reliable, dependable and results oriented. Maintains productivity and composure under pressure. Effectively prioritizes work and establishes clear goals and plans.
- Problem Solving-Views problems as opportunities to create new solutions. Anticipates potential problems and analyzes alternative solutions.
- Judgment- Gathers sufficient input before making decisions. Sees interrelatedness between issues. Considers alternative solutions. Makes appropriate and timely decisions.
- Valuing & Fostering Diversity- Demonstrating respect for individual differences and establishing a climate where all people can be comfortable and productive through sensitivity, empathy, and acceptance of cultural, racial, mental health, and socio-economic diversity.
- Self-Management- Taking of responsibility for one’s behavior and well-being; Working effectively under stress and adapting one’s style to changing situations; Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and needs minimal supervision; Exhibiting a professional demeanor.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Three years successful development experience with a proven fundraising track record preferred. We will consider candidates with organizational volunteer fundraising.
- Established relationships with a diverse group of community-based donors.
- Demonstrated public speaking skills and experience.
- Working knowledge of fundraising software.
- Strong work ethic and adherence to the AFP Ethical Principles and Code of Conduct.
- Professional wardrobe and appearance.
- CFRE certification preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experience with a relationship-based method of fundraising.
- Proven track record of fundraising successes preferred.
- Working knowledge of donor database management systems preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written.
- Public speaking skills and experience.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Understand the Crisis Center’s impact to the community and have a passion for its mission.
- Knowledge of the AFP Ethical Principles and Code of Conduct.
- Ability to work independently, problem solve and make decisions.
- Ability to organize, prioritize projects and produce work in a timely manner.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Skill in operating a variety of software programs on a personal computer.
Physical Demands/Working Conditions
Physical Requirement: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk and is occasional required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Working Conditions: Duties are performed primarily in an office setting. On occasion will require the use of personal automobile to travel to meetings and events and could be exposed to changing weather. The noise level is generally quiet.
Travel: Occasional. Local travel may be required for events and meetings.
Hours: M-F 8am-5pm. Occasional evenings and weekends for events are required.
The Crisis Center of Tampa Bay is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. The Crisis Center of Tampa Bay is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they believe they are able to perform every task in the job description. We are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job, and that candidate may be one who comes from a less traditional background. The Crisis Center of Tampa Bay will consider any equivalent combination of knowledge, skills, education, and experience to meet minimum qualifications. If you are interested in applying, we encourage you to think broadly about your background and skill set for the role. We want you to be YOU, and you’re encouraged to apply to today!START YOUR APPLICATION
Visit Our Home Page
© 2023 The Crisis Center
Applicant Tracking System Powered by