Manager, Special EventsColumbia Association, Inc. | Draper, UT, 84020, US
Posted a month ago
Who is Swire Coca-Cola? We are one of the largest bottlers of Coca-Cola and other beverage brands in America. Our 7,200 hardworking and passionate employees produce and distribute more than 50 brands and flavors across 13 states. We have as many careers as we have flavors, and regardless of which role you choose, you have a direct impact on Swire Coca-Cola, our products, and the communities we call home.
At Swire Coca-Cola, our commitment to excellence is what guides our actions with our employees. We offer a comprehensive benefits package for full-time associates which includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays and Company Discounts.
What does a Special Events Manager do at Swire Coca-Cola?
As the Special Events Manager, you will directly own the end-to-end special event operations and key assets including logistics, budget management, product management, venue management, and staffing management of all special events and premier property partners.
This position will require you to work closely with key accounts and cross-functionally with many customers and internal teams such as creative, digital, sales, and field to drive results. The ideal candidate will be deadline and metrics-driven with the knowledge and drive to demonstrate ROI of every event, project, and value for the partner(s). They will be a collaborative leader with event execution knowledge who can both manage and personally execute the day-to-day workload with diligent follow-up, precision, and attention to detail. They will be able to execute innovative events that promote Swire Coca-Cola, USA, build and enhance brand distinction, generate leads, and develop and nurture lasting relationships .
- Highly collaborative; great facilitator; persuasive negotiator; positive and innovative thinker; focused on time management and project delivery
- Exhibit grace under pressure (dealing with deadlines and fast turn-around requests)
- Through premier customer and internal team leads, own end-to-end execution of various special events and customer assets across the Bellevue Sales Center
- Oversee all aspects of premier customer event management and production including logistics, venue management, budget tracking, staffing, promotions, premier customer interface, and communications of your events
- Develop and maintain event playbook and schedule complete with the event plan and communications strategy
- Direct premier events supporting on site management including but not limited to interfacing with event management personnel, internal sales, and/or operations associates, and applicable stakeholders internal or external
- Conduct competitor market research at events and negotiate contracts before closing any deal
- Manage the active solicitation of product introduction opportunities and collaborate with internal partners, including product and sales to support agreed-upon engagements
- Coordinate with customers and internal departments to ensure successful deployment, for special events or partnerships
- Responsible for proactively prospecting, capturing, and qualifying new business in special events and larger assets
- Conceptualize and produce events with the ability to use your analytical skills to conduct pre- and post-event reporting and ROI analysis to measure the events and programs for profitability, community effectiveness, and engagement
- Proactively handle any arising issues and troubleshoot any emerging problems on the event day
- Represent Swire Coca-Cola as the face of the Company and the Events lead contact in all external and internal conversations
- Oversee driving a company vehicle to event locations along with towing and transporting a trailer
- Have 5+ years of full-time corporate event planning of special events and event execution experience with a B2B consumer products company, agency, or similar fast-paced business environment
- 5 years of demonstrated successful management experience of front line and professional level staff of 7 or more associates
- Most of your career has been spent either on the vendor side producing large scale events or within an event management firm, conference or tradeshow producer, or company in a related field
- An out-of-the-box thinker, a clear, thoughtful communicator (both verbal and written) who thrives under pressure, and exceeds pre-determined expectations
- Equal parts planner and doer-who will go above and beyond to meet hard deadlines and ensure an excellent attendee experience, “no task is too small” attitude
- Comfortable project managing programs that require multiple cross-functional teams to drive successful outcomes, and the ability to keep all stakeholders engaged towards accomplishing mutually beneficial goals
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects and priorities within agreed timelines and budgets
- Proven track record of managing multiple events, customers, and competing priorities simultaneously with successand little oversight
- Ability to motivate and encourage others towards a common goal
- Ability to oversee events from start to finish and interact with diverse personalities
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and Outlook required
- Project management is a plus
- Commitment to the mission, vision, cultural values, and expectations of Swire Coca-Cola, USA
- This position will be required to drive/travel on Swire Coca-Cola business
- The candidate must possess a valid driver's license, proof of insurance, and reliable transportation. Swire Coca-Cola runs pre-employment motor vehicle checks for all positions which require driving and the applicant must meet Swire Coca-Cola guidelinesincluding obtaining a medical card
- Availability to work nights and weekends to support events, committee meetings, etc.
- Comfortable driving a small box truck or full-size pick-up truck while pulling a trailer
Swire Coca-Cola, USA is an equal employment opportunity andaffirmative action employer that participates in the E-Verify program asrequired by law.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status or other legally protected characteristics.