Nurse, RN I NightsAsbury Communities, Inc. | Maryland, NY, 12116, US
Posted a month ago
Asbury Methodist Village
Gaithersburg, MD 20877, USA
Find purpose in your career! Asbury Methodist Village is a continuing care retirement community providing independent living options such as courtyard homes, villas and spacious apartments, as well as assisted living, skilled nursing, memory support and rehab services. As part of Asbury Communities, Inc., a not-for-profit aging services organization, we are completely focused on doing all the good we can for those we serve.
Ensuring that we provide a safe and healthy environment for those who work and live at our communities is our highest priority. We are proud of the incredible work being done by our associates and grateful for the support we are receiving from our many residents and family members as we work through this pandemic together. We continue to aggressively work to minimize the risks of the COVID-19 virus for residents and associates in our communities.
- A dmits, transfers, and discharges residents according to policy and procedure; completes and files required forms on charts.
- Prepares 24-hour report and submits to the nursing office.
- Transcribes physician’s orders regarding resident medications and treatments using the Vision system.
- Reviews orders for completeness of information, accuracy in the transcription of physician orders, and adherence to stop order policies.
- Charts interdisciplinary progress notes in an informative and descriptive manner that reflects the care provided to the resident, as well as the residents’ response to care, in accordance with established charting and documentation procedures.
- Prepares and administers medications/treatments as ordered by the physician; verifies identity of the resident before administering. Ensures that drug & narcotic records are accurate and kept up to date for each shift; notifies nurse mgr. of all discrepancies; appropriately disposes of drugs & narcotics.
- Assists care plan team in identifying the physical, social, nutritional, spiritual, and activity needs of the residents. Assigns staff to resident using primary care model; ensures that staff follow care plan.
- One (1) year Medical/Surgical, Rehab or Geriatric RN Nursing
- Current Maryland Registered Nurse License.
- Current CPR Certification.
- Current IV Certification preferred.
We are committed to supporting associates by providing a comprehensive benefit package as well as opportunities for professional growth and development throughout our multi-site, multi-state system of communities.
For more information about Asbury, please visit our website atwww.asbury.org .
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Technical/other training or better in Nursing.