Strategic Sourcing Specialist IAVALON BAY COMMUNITIES, Inc. | VA, US
Posted a month ago
AvalonBay Communities, Inc., an equity REIT, has a long-term track record of developing, redeveloping, acquiring and managing distinctive apartment homes in some of the best U.S. markets, and delivering outsized, risk-adjusted returns to shareholders. With equal parts experience and vision, we’ve established a leadership position rooted in our purpose of creating a better way to live and that is always focused on building value for the long term.
Creating a better way to live is the purpose that binds AvalonBay associates. We take that purpose seriously and expect you will as well. By focusing on collaboration, innovation, and taking ownership of our choices and actions, we act in ways that focus on creating value for our customers, investors and associates. Your positive, professional, and consistent personal interactions make AvalonBay a great place to work.
The Strategic Sourcing Specialist supports a variety of sourcing initiatives, which include negotiations and maintaining contracts, for the procurement of goods and services. This individual will be expected to build strong stakeholder and vendor relationships in support of managed categories. This position will support the execution of AvalonBay’s strategic sourcing process and play a key role in achieving annual savings commitment. This role drives value for internal stakeholders by following best practices in sourcing and procurement.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages activities, such as development and distribution of RFX proposal packages, analysis and evaluation of proposals, financial analysis, (i.e., total cost of ownership (TCO), and preparing recommendation for award).
- With guidance from Sourcing Manager and/or leadership negotiate pricing, terms, and conditions,
- Working with stakeholders and Supplier Management Team, manage performance of suppliers. Includes KPIs, business reviews, issue resolution.
- Interfaces with internal stakeholders to understand business needs and ensures that contract scopes of work continue to meet those requirements.
- Put together summary of bids/proposals, received from suppliers, including a complete analysis of pricing, and final recommendations and review with Manager prior to communicating with stakeholders.
- Gathering data from suppliers develops and provides guidance on budgets for managed categories, to deliver to stakeholders, and monitors contract performance and rebates with suppliers.
- For assigned categories supports analysis of spend, coordinating with Procurement leadership to identify cost reduction opportunities.
- Monitors industries in managed categories to maintain awareness of current market trends and initiatives.
- 2-3 years’ experience in Sourcing or other Procurement related experience required.
- Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in Finance, Business Administration or Supply Chain Management preferred or equivalent experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Possesses basic knowledge of procurement, negotiations, contract management, supplier management and finance.
- Demonstrated project management skills, and ability to prioritize work.
- Analyzes qualitative and quantitative information from stakeholders and suppliers.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and exceptional organizational skills.
- A self-starter, that works well independently and as part of a team.
- Support an environment that fosters teamwork, collaboration, flexibility, and change acceptance.
- Procurement/sourcing experience in the Hospitality or Multi-family industry a plus
- Understanding of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems and Source-to-Pay systems.
- Proficient with MS Office Suite, including Teams
How AvalonBay Supports You
We know that our teams are the beating heart of our success and we’re committed to showing our appreciation.
- Comprehensive benefits — health, dental and vision, 401(k) with company match, paid vacation and holidays, tuition reimbursement, an employee stock purchase plan and more. Click on Benefits for information.
- Growth based on achievement and promotion from within.
- Associate recognition (a company-wide recognition program that celebrates associate efforts and successes in contributing to the overall success of the organization – including destination awards, ‘AvalonBay’s Very Best’ recognition program and others!).
- A 20% discount on our incredible apartment homes.
- A culture built on purpose and our core values - A Commitment to Integrity, A Spirit of Caring, and A Focus on Continuous Improvement.
AvalonBay is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to an inclusive and diverse work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We believe that in order to achieve our purpose of creating a better way to live, we must recruit, develop and retain associates with a wide range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives and create an environment that encourages all voices to be heard, understood and appreciated. With this we know we can do great things.
AvalonBay makes employment decisions without regard to a person’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation or related medical conditions), age, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including characteristics or testing), citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other status protected by the law.
AvalonBay will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements under the law.
For California residents, if you elect to apply to AvalonBay you accept the AvalonBay California Personnel Privacy Notice