Production CoordinatorDemix Béton une division du groupe CRH | CA, US
Posted a month ago
Why work for Lafarge?
As the global leader in innovative and sustainable building materials, we’re committed to shaping a greener, smarter and healthier world. At Lafarge Canada Inc., safety comes first, collaboration matters and diversity is celebrated with people who share our desire to continually make our materials better.
Do you have the drive, the skills, and the passion to join us?
La version française de cette offre d'emploi est disponible: Version française - cliquez ici
The primary objective of the Production Coordinator is to coordinate the daily and weekly activities of the department, including coordination with other plant departments. Areas of responsibility include the raw mills, kilns, coal mill, finish mills. The Production Coordinator is responsible for the supervision of shift personnel. As well, the Production Coordinator will assure that all standards are maintained concerning safety, environment, quality, production, and cost.
- Follows and ensures full compliance with Health & Safety policies and procedures.
- Ensures all contracts and project site meet the Lafarge safety policy requirements for our employee’s safety.
Production / Quality:
- Protecting the plant’s equipment and maximize its utilization and reliability.
- Developing, implementing and reviewing, on a periodic basis, all SOP’s related to the department (i.e. safety, production, etc).
- Responsible for meeting all quality, production and process targets on a shift basis.
- Ensuring that all environmental Certificates of Approval, Permits, Regulations, and Company environmental policy and guidelines are followed and complied with.
- Coordinating the day to day and week to week aspects of the production department.
- Participating on committees, as required, to address equipment reliability or performance issues.
- Responsible for the development of an ongoing list of action plans to insure continuous improvement in the department.
- Planning and coordination of plant turnaround activities on behalf of the department.
- Planning and coordinating refractory repairs and/or replacement for the kiln and cooler areas.
Environment and community:
- Establishes the environment as a priority.
- Ensures all local and provincial and federal regulations are met or exceeded by following Lafarge best practices and the conditions of site permits are strictly adhered to.
- Participate, support and respect Plant/Community initiatives. E.g. Tours, open houses etc. Handle complaints in a professional and proactive manner.
- Participating in the development of the annual department operating budgets.
- Contributing to the development of the annual Plant Development Plan.
- Contributing to the identification and development of capital and cost savings projects that targeting improved efficiency.
- Responsible for the supervision, safety and development of shift personnel.
- Ensure sufficient human resources is available to achieve daily plant operation.
- Communicating all operational goals, objectives, and concerns to all production shift personnel.
Relationships with Others Jobs:
- Reports to the Production Manager
- Supervises the five (5) production shift supervisors.
- Personal safety, as well as the safety of direct reports.
- Promotion and implementation of safe work practices and conditions.
- Held monthly safety meetings and that Plant Safety Rules and the Occupational Health & Safety Act are followed.
- Guide and assist subordinates in the administration of the Collective Agreement, the handling of Grievances and the application of discipline.
- Ensure that the operations of the plant are carried out in conjunction with the present environmental regulations and that the supervisors are aware of all aspects of environmental law pertaining to the operation.
- Promotion and insure proper training of hourly personnel
- Achieving department KPI’s (eg. Zero MI’s, daily production, Shop RF/UF/PF, etc)
- Optimization of plant equipment and process through modification and implementation of equipment procedures and training.
- Maintain a positive and harmonious labour relations atmosphere.
- Adherence to product quality standards.
- Volume: 1,000,000 t
- Budget: $10M
- Direct Reports: 5 shift supervisors
- Indirect Reports: 15
- Quarry, coal mill, 2 kilns, 2 raw mills, 2 finish mills
Education & Work Experience:
- An undergraduate degree in engineering, or significant related experience.
- Knowledge of cement manufacturing industry is an asset, but not essential.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Results oriented. Disciplined and process-oriented.
- Excellent people skills – able to develop effective working relationships internally and externally.
- Strong work ethic. Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Effective computer and systems skills.
Job-Specific Competency Profile:
- Customer Focus
- Drive for Results
- Integrity and Trust
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Peer Relationships
As we are reinventing the way the world builds, we need world-class talent to join our Lafarge Canada team: people who are passionate, driven by curiosity and keen to grow, learn, develop and thrive in our high-performance culture.
Whatever you do, you will make a difference here. Because we know that your passion and curiosity are the natural resources the world needs.
We thank you for your interest. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Lafarge is committed to the principles of employment equity and encourages the applications from women, visible minorities, and persons with disabilities.
Lafarge Canada Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. In Ontario, our organization/business is committed to fulfilling our requirements under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.