Title IX InvestigatorAdelphi | Garden City, KS, 67846, US
Posted a month ago
Title IX Investigator
Community Concerns and Resoultion
The Title IX Investigator is responsible for assisting the Title IX Coordinator and Director of Equity & Compliance with institutional compliance efforts required under federal and state laws, including Title IX, Title VII, VAWA and Article 129-B of the NYS Education Law. The Title IX Investigator work closely with the Title IX Coordinator and Director of Equity & Compliance in managing an assigned caseload of investigations involving allegations of sexual assault, sexual harassment, intimate partner violence, stalking and other forms of protected class discrimination and harassment and related retaliation and will conduct campus training and outreach. The salary range for this position is $65,000 - $68,000.
REPORTS TO: Title IX Coordinator and Director of Equity & Compliance
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
- Assist the Title IX Coordinator and Director of Equity & Compliance with the investigation and coordination of cases involving sexual harassment, sexual assault, intimate partner violence, stalking and protected class harassment and discrimination and related retaliation.
- Assist with intake, analysis and documentation of initial complaints of the above cases.
- Effectively and efficiently, manage an assigned caseload of investigations.
- Consult with the Title IX Coordinator and Director of Equity & Compliance to develop an investigative plan and timeline. Gather evidence, interview witnesses and act as a neutral party through all aspects of the investigation to ensure a prompt, fair and equitable result.
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Ensure a well-documented investigative process. Maintain accurate and thorough records and notes of the investigatory process in Maxient Conduct Manager. Create a comprehensive written investigative report for the Title IX Coordinator and Director of Equity & Compliance that clearly identifies the issues investigated, summarizes the evidence, correlates the findings with University policies and recommends appropriate steps.
- Conduct campus wide trainings and workshops on Title IX and anti-discrimination and harassment for students and staff.
- Assist with ongoing education for the campus community related to Title IX and bystander intervention, in coordination with campus partners.
- Collaborate and consult with the Title IX Coordinator and Director of Equity & Compliance to monitor and manage Title IX and Title VII incidents to ensure an efficient and effective response.Provide periodic and timely updates regarding the status of all pending reports and investigations.
- Collaborate with the Title IX Coordinator and Director of Equity & Compliance to identify and address any systemic problems or patterns regarding the above subject matter. Work with the Title IX Coordinator and Director of Equity & Compliance to ensure Title IX and related policies are communicated to all constituencies.
- Assist in maintaining requested statistics and data for reporting purposes, keep and maintain Title IX and Title VII records in Maxient Conduct Manager.
- Keep abreast of current state and federal laws and trends regarding Title IX, discrimination and harassment.
- Assist in providing education, training, consultation and outreach related to Title IX and Title VII matters.
- Prepare and disseminate educational materials, including brochures, posters and web-based materials regarding Title IX, anti- discrimination and harassment.
- Monitor online training compliance.
- Conduct campus wide outreach on Title IX and related issues.
- Serve on University committees as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by the Title IX Coordinator and Director of Equity & Compliance and the Human Resources department.
REQUIREMENTS: (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
- Demonstrated experience conducting sensitive interviews and investigations and/or complaint/grievance resolution.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills essential.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to manage multiple on-going investigations.
- Prior experience conducting trainings or campus-wide education.
- Excellent judgment with the ability to manage highly sensitive and confidential information.
- Strong computer skills required and an eagerness to learning new technology.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse populations and at all levels of the organization.
- Strong and effective interpersonal skills and the ability to demonstrate sensitivity and respect for individual needs.
- Occasional weekends and evenings required.
- Bachelor’s degree in psychology, social work, counseling, criminal justice or related fields is required.
- Master’s degree is preferred in psychology, social work, counseling, criminal justice, higher education, or related fields.
- Two years professional experience conducting investigations is preferred.
- Experience in student conduct or an office of discrimination and harassment.
- Knowledge, training and experience related to Title IX, VAWA and related laws and regulations.
- Professional experience conducting investigations in a University setting.
- Experience investigating cases involving sexual assault and interpersonal violence and knowledge of the complexities and dynamics of these subjects is helpful.
- Prior experience developing and conducting large scale, interactive, education programs is required.
- Prior knowledge or use of Maxient Conduct Manager is preferred.
- ATIXA certification or other Title IX/Title VII investigator certification is preferred.
Adelphi University, New York, is a highly awarded, nationally ranked, powerfully connected doctoral research university dedicated to transforming students’ lives through small classes with world-class faculty, hands-on learning and innovative ways to support academic and career success. Adelphi offers exceptional liberal arts and sciences programs and professional training, with particular strength in our Core Four—Arts and Humanities, STEM and Social Sciences, the Business and Education Professions, and Health and Wellness. Recognized as a Best College byU.S. News & World Report,Adelphi is Long Island’s oldest private coeducational university, serving more than 7,250 students at its beautiful main campus in Garden City, at learning hubs in Manhattan, the Hudson Valley and Suffolk County, and online. The University offers students 79 undergraduate programs, more than 84 master’s degree and doctoral programs, and 63 certificate programs in the liberal arts, the sciences and professional training. With powerful partnerships throughout the New York area, more than 119,000 graduates across the country, a growing enrollment of students from 43 states and 72 countries, and rising rankings from top publications and organizations, Adelphi is a dynamic community that plays a leadership role on Long Island and in the region.