BuyerWajax Limited | Acheson, AB, T7X, CA
Posted a month ago
The buyer will utilize purchasing policies and procedures to provide consistent stock inventory levels aligned with inventory goals. Provide input on opportunities to improve product flow, consolidate buying needs, and reduce acquisition costs.
- Monitor and participate in Health and Safety programs designed to ensure our “Everyone Home Safe” initiatives are achieved.
- Adhere to Supply Chain purchasing policies, procedures and approval processes.
- Place orders with suppliers for materials as the organization requires.
- Immediately communicate significant and/or potential supply issues on key products to the Purchasing Manager, and appropriate planners, sales force, or master data team.
- Work with suppliers to maintain effective relationships and ensure on-time delivery of product, communicating any delivery changes to partners and updating orders accordingly.
- Work closely with warehouse staff, planners and Item Master to resolve issues related to NCRs, product count variances, stock loss, quality control, and packing slips, item details.
- Track and communicate details pertaining to shipping, delivery, delays and order status.
- Work with other buyers to share best practices to improve processes to meet goals.
- Assist to identify gaps between replenishment goals and actuals and provide solutions.
- Return parts through daily, annual and surplus return processes.
- Follow order from start to finish; investigate and/or expedite when necessary.
- When required, provide coverage support for fellow buyers and /or planners.
- Process credit card payments according to policy, as requested by branches.
- Produce KPI, metric and performance reports as necessary.
- Education: University degree or diploma in Business, Engineering or Operations, Logistics or Supply Chain.
- Work Experience: 3-5 years experience in Supply Chain or Operations procurement environment required.
- Knowledge: Strong working knowledge of inventory control practices & processes and Integrated Supply Chain concepts. Lean and Continuous improvement experience is an asset. General knowledge of industrial goods and equipment. Mathematical reasoning skills required.
- Proficiency: Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Intermediate Excel, Word and PowerPoint. Microsoft Access. Well developed analytic and interpretive skills required.
- Award-Winning Health and Wellness Program
Since 1858, Wajax has been a leading industrial products and solutions provider continually innovating to serve Canadian industry coast-to-coast. We work in an extensive range of industries and core sectors of the Canadian economy including energy and renewables, food and beverage, construction, industrial/commercial, transportation, forestry, mining, metal processing, and oil and gas - to name a few. Everything we do is powered by people passionate about making a difference and who are dedicated to driving Canadian industry forward. People who provide the experience and expertise that support the industries that build our cities, power our businesses, put a roof over our heads and food on our tables.
Wajax offers a total compensation package that includes competitive pay, comprehensive benefits, learning and development, as well as some unique additional “perks.”
- Competitive health and dental benefits with no waiting period for eligibility (100% employer paid premiums), plus health spending account.
- Wajax led e-learning, and product training through industry leading manufacturers.
- Exclusive discounts with a variety of manufacturers and service providers such as Ford, GM, Chrysler, Dell, TELUS, a group mortgage, home & auto insurance program, pet insurance, footwear & workwear, fitness membership, perkopolis, and more.
- Recognition program where points are earned for merchandise or gift certificates, plus cash awards.
- Flexible work arrangements.
By working with Wajax, you become part of an inclusive and diverse team that is dedicated to innovation and teamwork. We are committed to employing a workforce that is representative of the diverse communities across Canada in which we do business. As an equal opportunity employer, please inform us if any accommodation is required if contacted for an interview.
As a condition of employment, final candidates will be subject to pre-screening.
\\ Together we get more done.