Supervisor of ProgrammingHomes First | Toronto, ON, C6A, CA
Posted a month ago
Mission Statement: Homes First Society develops and provides affordable, stable housing and support services to break the cycle of homelessness for people with the fewest housing options.
Locations: 545 Lakeshore Blvd (lower level); 22 Metropolitan Rd; 2035 Kennedy Rd.
Position type: Full time
Hours of Work: Monday – Friday, 9am-5pm
Start Date: ASAP
Salary: To be discussed
Deadline: December 30th, 2022 by 5 pm
Submit Resume to: email@example.com
Applicants must quote “SP-22”
The Supervisor of Programming will design, implement and oversee events, outings and recreational activities that are tailored to the needs of the residents at our sites.
- Gather feedback from residents and staff as to desired programs, outings, recreational activities, that would best serve the needs of clients; design and oversee their implementation and evaluation.
- Connect with outside individuals or agencies that provide services to meet these needs
- Monitoring current and ongoing programs, providing support, and evaluating performance on a regular basis.
- Keeping data and statistics on programs, events and outings. Recording attendance and involvement at activities and events of all internal and external stakeholders including staff, residents and agency partners.
- Creating communication strategies to ensure that residents and staff are informed and well-equipped regarding programs.
- Work closely with the Manager and Supervisor of Programming within the Development Team to coordinate events, obtain resources and volunteers, etc.
- Prioritize and assign duties to team members when appropriate
- Supervise a unionized workforce within the context of the Collective Agreement
- Intervene in crises, de-escalate conflicts and respond to client emergencies, including overdoses and the administration of Naloxone or oxygen
- Ensure adherence to Homes First Policy and Procedures, including Homes First’s Harm Reduction Policies.
- Ensure effective communications with other departments within Homes First Society as well as with external agencies
- Manage employee performance and perform necessary administrative duties such as timekeeping, performance reviews, etc.
- Ensure that all documentation is completed to agency standards
- Other responsibilities as required
- Post-secondary education in related field or equivalent in education and experience
- At least 5 years’ experience working with people who are homeless, under-housed and dealing with addictions and mental illness
- Demonstrated experience performing case management functions and ability to effectively prioritize work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative team environment
- Excellent communication, organization and time management skills
- Supervisory experience in a unionized setting an asset
- Knowledge of relevant laws, standards and guidelines
- Knowledge of resources and services available in the community
- Excellent interpersonal, conflict resolution and organization skills
- Certificates in First Aid, CPR, Crisis Prevention and Intervention an asset
- Computer literacy, including the ability to access and use a variety of information system tools to support the delivery of the project to do so at a sophisticated level.
- Able to lift boxes up to 25 lbs.
- Ability to work outside of regularly scheduled hours to accommodate activities such as training and events.
- The successful candidate will be required to work where smoking is present.
Working in an environment where there may be smoke is required.
The successful applicant must provide a criminal record check that is satisfactory to Homes First Society.
Homes First Society is an equal opportunity employer
Please no phone calls, only those people selected for interviews will be contacted.
Homes First is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive organization. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require Code-protected accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Covid-19 Vaccination Policy
Please note, all candidates offered a position with Homes First from September 8, 2021 onward must be fully vaccinated and provide proof of their vaccination status as a condition of employment. Please note Homes First will comply with its human rights obligations and accommodate employees who are legally entitled to accommodation.