Learning and Development CoordinatorA. Farber & Partners Inc. | North York, ON, CA
Posted a month ago
Farber is an independent business advisory firm that provides practical solutions to complex financial and operating problems. We have a reputation for responsiveness and a track record of helping our clients achieve their objectives and overcome challenges.
We successfully partner and work with the leadership of North American companies, their advisors, lenders, and other professionals. Our diverse team of business-savvy professionals operate seamlessly to provide services across the areas of restructuring, financial, human capital, and consulting.
With offices across Eastern and Western Canada, Farber is positioned to advise businesses across Canada. Our global alliance extends our reach and provides opportunities in North America, Europe, Asia, Africa, and beyond, reflecting the increasingly global nature of business. Established in 1979, Farber continues to grow by fostering an unparalleled collaborative approach and by actively aligning interests with our clients.
Making business work better together.™
If you are an enthusiastic, outgoing, and creative learning professional, with a knack for detail, wanting to make an impact on the employee experience, this may be the role for you!
This is a fantastic opportunity with the Talent Development team at a successful company that is continually growing. Working at Farber is never a dull moment, there is always challenging yet rewarding work to be a part of! Our culture is unique. We have an entrepreneurial spirit which encourages all our team members to use their own creativity and out of the box thinking to come up with solutions and new ideas.
The Learning and Development Coordinator is a newly created position that will support the talent development function across the organisation. Additionally, you will support special projects, lead the administration and organization of training programs, facilitate the delivery and support coordination of various internal programs.
This position will work closely with the Talent Development Manager, as well as, the wider Talent Development and P&C team. This position will encourage an engaging environment of collaboration and professional development.
• Administration of Farber’s Learning Management System including user and audience maintenance, reporting, promotion, course setup/ material upload and user training.
• Facilitate (train) various individual contributor level courses.
• Coordinate, facilitate, and administer new hire Induction programs; including new hire and departure tracking and reporting, Manager preparation meetings for new hire start dates, facilitate Talent Development orientation including training new hires on Farber’s LMS.
• Assist Talent Development Manager to research, implement, train, and launch various Performance Management projects. Includes tracking, reporting, and filtering employee information, coordinating and scheduling meetings with vendors and administrative set ups.
• Coordinate, administer and promote all Talent Development communication including newsletters, training announcements, emails, surveys, promotable activities and more!
• Administer and track all Farber tuition reimbursement requests, approvals, and completions.
• Successful completion of University or College degree in Business Administration, Human Resources and/or Adult Learning.
• Completed or working towards Performance and Learning Designation (i.e. CTP, CTDP) or equivalent.
• Comfortable presenting to a range of audiences.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of business units.
• Training facilitation skills.
• Meticulous planning, organizing, and coordinating skills.
• Proven experience with designing, developing, implementing, and evaluating programs and initiatives.
• Ability to create strong relationships with business partners.
Compensation, Benefits, and Perks
To ensure we attract and retain top talent, we offer competitive compensation and benefits which we continually review and update to meet the evolving needs of our people.
As a part of our team, you will receive:
• hybrid work arrangements
• vacation days based on experience and years of service
• wellness days
• extended health and dental coverage
• life insurance
• long-term disability
• employee contributed retirement savings plan option
• financial support for professional development
• employee Assistance Program and mental health resources
• exclusive access to perks and discounts
Our Commitment to Inclusion, Diversity, and Equity
At Farber, we’re in the business of helping people—and this ethos extends not only to our clients, but to our employees, partners, and the communities in which we work. Behind IDEA is our commitment to take action and to deliver an inclusive, diverse, and equitable experience for everyone. Our commitment also shapes our corporate culture and hiring practices.
Farber encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the diversity of Canada.
• if you require any accommodations throughout the recruitment process—including alternate interview formats, accessible materials, or any other accommodations—we encourage you to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all candidates for submitting their resume, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.