The overall objective of this operations manager role is to effectively manage and oversee the day to day (also nightshift) operations of the depot/plant. This includes the short term planning and scheduling of daily operations. This extends from the productivity of drivers and their vehicles; along with the overall maintenance of vehicles; solving queries etc. in order to deliver exceptional service within clients’ SLA.
· Creditors -
Ensure all invoices and PO’s are signed off and submitted to Finance. Follow up on outstanding money
· Other -
Insurance claims, traffic fines, vehicle maintenance
· Management of driver hours
· Budget and Resource Planning –
Use relevant data and analysis to give input into budget preparation for the division/depot.
· Service Culture – Deliver within SLA
· Partnership Management – Cultivate objective working relationships with variety of stakeholders (e.g. HR team, IT, Clients)
· Client Relationship Management – Daily client interactions on the frontline. Solve challenges and queries to reduce complaints.
Oversee and manage own fleet of vehicles
· Schedule maintenance
· Weekly checks
· Breakdowns (where applicable)
· Licensing of vehicles
· Manage diesel consumption Trip management
· Load trips onto inhouse application
· Manage and schedule drivers’ working hours
· Route planning
· Oversee successful loading of goods at clients with all relevant paperwork
· Planning and scheduling the overs (old order incomplete from last loading cycle with new orders received.
· Manage the washbay
· Manage the workshop
· Manage the diesel Other
· Insurance Claims
· Adhoc Projects Debrief Paperwork (daily)
· Prepare and submit weekly operational stats
· Prepare and submit weekly financial flash to clients
· Prepare, analyse and submit monthly operational stats
· Work with team of drivers to deliver operational efficiencies
· Delivery of superior quality customer experiences within SLA
· Fleet management
· Personal Development
Manage own development to increase own competencies for the position function and future leadership growth opportunities
· People Management
Plan and manage performance, skills development and team motivation. Achieve efficiencies and increase competencies.
Address employee’s issues or grievances
Management of drivers performance, i.e. weekly monitoring of their consumption per km, daily debrief and weekly reports indicating outliers.
Driver PDP and licenses
Manage drivers’ leave and overtime (update daily)
Support effective teamwork within depot/branch.
Job Outcomes / KPA/I’s
Targets and measures to be discussed in Performance meetings
· Work contributions to bottom line (e.g. increase profits, decrease costs, cashflow) Client
· Contribution to client satisfaction levels (internal and external clients) Process
· Efficiency, accuracy and reporting People
· Management contribution supporting, growing and motivating staff to deliver results.
· Personal contribution to team and others Values
· Alignment with the Lieben Values Lean
· Reducing waste and streamlining processes
Authority/ Decision Making
Customer and driver problems with limited decision making only, however must ensure prior approval is obtained from relative authority.
· Computer Literacy (MS Office, Outlook)
· Advanced Studies (Tertiary Diploma/Degree) advantageous
· Minimum of 2 years’ experience in transport environment.
· Proven track record managing portfolio of customers.
· Specific industry experience beneficial.
· Excellent administrative skills.
· Excellent communication skills.
· Able to work well with a team and under pressure.
· Must be diligent and time competent in order to meet deadlines.
· Must be customer service focused.
· Must be honest, reliable and trustworthy.
· Be willing to work flexible hours.
· Be willing to perform duties on weekends.
English and Afrikaans
Salary : R20K- R25K (Negotiable)
Location: Linbro Park, Johannesburg