- Gain experience working for a global organisation
- 11.5% super contributions - great opportunity to build your super!
- Uniform, tools and work boots provided
- Get an extra day of leave
- Overtime up for grabs
Due to growth and influx of work we are looking for CNC Machinists to join our team at Weir Minerals in Artarmon.
You will be responsible for maintaining and enhancing work execution in the Machine Shop. You will provide technical expertise to ensure work is completed safely and efficiently satisfy the customer's key requirements of on time delivery, quality and value.
Purpose of the Role
- Operating vertical and horizontal borer machines.
- Actively assisting any LEAN initiatives, safety and continuous improvement programmes.
- Ensure any defective materials are quarantined for a non-conformance report to be generated.
- Labelling of materials and jobs for clear and accurate identification.
- Setting and programming of machines for jobs.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Trade qualification in Machining.
- Experience in manual and CNC machine operation.
- Experience in measuring & interpreting drawings.
- Be able to work unsupervised.
- Ability to read and understand job sheets.
- Good working knowledge of optimising, setting up, cleaning, and troubleshooting machines.