Last year our HCA Healthcare colleagues invested over 156,000 hours volunteering in our communities. As a(an) Registered Respiratory Therapist with UCF Lake Nona Hospital you can be a part of an organization that is devoted to giving back!
UCF Lake Nona Hospital, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Would you like to unlock your potential with a leading healthcare provider dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues? Join the UCF Lake Nona Hospital family! We will give you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are looking for an enthusiastic Registered Respiratory Therapist to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential!
Job Summary and Qualifications
We are offering a $7,500 sign on bonus.
Under general supervision, the RRT (Registered Respiratory Therapist) will perform all respiratory care related duties.
Set up and administer all routine and complex respiratory therapy procedures to patients of all ages.
Responsible for the application and operation of acute care ventilators used for continuous short and long-term mechanical ventilation.
Respiratory Therapists are expected to be self-directed in the absence of the full-time Team Leader. Maintain all department and hospital records and enter accurate information into the hospital computer for the therapy as given.
What qualifications you will need:
- Neonate Resuscitate must be obtained within 30 days of employment start date
- RRT/Respiratory Care Practitioner (RRT / RCP)
- Licensed Respiratory Therapist
- Bachelors Degree, or Associate Degree
- PALS Pediatric Adv Life Supt, or PALS Instructor must be obtained within 60 months of employment start date
- Advanced Cardiac Life Spt, or ACLS Instructor must be obtained within 60 months of employment start date
- Basic Cardiac Life Support, or BCLS Instructor must be obtained within 30 days of employment start date
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
HCA Florida UCF Lake Nona Hospital is located in the southern Orlando suburb of Lake Nona, known as Medical City. We are a newly opened hospital. Our hospital provides full-service healthcare to Osceola County and surrounding communities. We offer a wide range of specialties including 24/7 emergency care, women's care, and comprehensive surgical services, including robotic surgery. We are home to the Advanced Imaging Center and a Family Birthing Unit. We are committed to patient-centered care.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"There is so much good to do in the world and so many different ways to do it."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
Be a part of an organization that invests in you! We are reviewing applications for our Registered Respiratory Therapist opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
HCA Healthcare is a collaborative healthcare network, driven by physicians, nurses and colleagues helping each other champion the practice of medicine to give people a healthier tomorrow. With a comprehensive network of more than 270,000 people across approximately 1,800 care facilities, our scale enables us to deliver great outcomes for our patients, provide superior nursing care and be a preferred place for physicians to practice medicine. We never stop in our pursuit of insights and care advances based on the knowledge and data we gain from approximately 30 million patient encounters a year. Every day, we raise the bar to improve the way healthcare is delivered, not just in our facilities, but everywhere. We’re committed to improving more lives in more ways, and above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life.