Are you an experienced Registered Nurse (RN) dedicated to providing excellent care to your patients? Are you self-motivated, flexible, adaptable, and do you enjoy working in a range of clinical acute care hospital environments? Apply now to work as an Emergency Room Holding Registered Nurse (RN) at Chippenham Hospital.
As a Registered Nurse working ED Holds, this role assumes the responsibility and accountability for providing safe and competent direct/indirect nursing care for emergency patients in our holding area awaiting a bed on a unit, in accordance with Chippenham Hospital policies, procedures, standards and philosophy and provides professional leadership and support to health team members.
Our Registered Nurse teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. We have a passion for creating positive patient interactions. If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
As one of the largest facilities in the nation’s largest hospital system (HCA), Chippenham Hospital provides the full scope of healthcare services. With 466 beds, we specialize in heart care at the Levinson Heart Hospital and emotional and mental health services through the Tucker Pavilion. Our ER is also a state-authorized Level I Trauma Center and we offer Central Virginia’s only Pediatric ER staffed 24/7 by pediatric-trained ER nurse and physician specialists.
- 63rd on Fortune’s 100 List
- One of the largest healthcare systems in the U.S.
- Ranked by Fortune as a Most Admired Company for 3 consecutive years
- Named A World’s Most Ethical Company for 10 consecutive years by Ethisphere
- No Mixed Shifts
- Free Parking
We invite you to learn more about this fantastic opportunity, who we are, and how you can join our dynamic team.
Check us out and Like Us on Facebook
- Diploma or Associates Degree from a professional nursing program (required)
- BSN or current enrollment in a BSN program at an accredited school of Nursing (preferred)
- Current Registered Nurse License in Virginia or Current Multistate Compact License (required)
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BCLS or BLS) Health Care Provider (required)
- ACLS certification (required)
- At least 3 years of acute care nursing experience with demonstrated and proven competency in several specialty areas (required)
- Strong Stepdown or critical care experience preferred
- Full Time
- 12 hour shifts (Nights 7pm to 7am)
- 72 hours every pay period (every two weeks)
- Weekend & Holiday Rotations
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At HCA, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
- Student Loan Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement (up to $5,250 per year)
- Certification Assistance
- Galen College of Nursing
- Scholarship for Dependents
- HCA Nurse Care Program
- Paid Family Leave
- 401k Company Matching
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Paid Family Leave
- Time Away from Work Programs
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our managers. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.