DescriptionHourly Wage Estimate: $76.33 - $104.90 / hour
Learn more about the benefits offered for this job.
The estimate displayed represents the typical wage range of candidates hired. Factors that may be used to determine your actual salary may include your specific skills, how many years of experience you have and comparison to other employees already in this role. The typical candidate is hired below midpoint of the range.
Do you want to be appreciated daily? Our nurses are celebrated for being on the front line, empathetic for patients. At Regional Medical Center of San Jose our nurses set us apart from any other healthcare provider. We are seeking a(an) Emergency Room RN II to join our healthcare family.
**$30,000 Sign On Bonus**
Regional Medical Center of San Jose, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
At Regional Medical Center of San Jose, our nurses play a vital part. We know that every nurse’s path and purpose is unique. Do you want to create your own personal career path in nursing? HCA Healthcare is your career destination! Our scale makes it possible for nurses to create the career path that fits their life – for life – and empowers their passion for patient care. Apply today for our Emergency Room RN II opportunity.
Job Summary and Qualifications
Seeking an experienced Emergency Department Registered Nurse to join our dynamic team of healthcare professionals. In this role you will provide the best possible preventative and supportive intra-operative care to each patient based upon their individual needs and are looking for a team member who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. If that is you, come be a part of what makes us great and apply today!
- You will provide nursing care for a wide spectrum of illnesses and injuries including lifesaving procedures in all types of emergency and trauma situations to chronic medical problems, minor illnesses and injuries.
- You will maintain standards for professional nursing practice in the Emergency/Trauma clinical setting.
- You will participate in organizational and unit based quality improvement activities. Completes required competencies within the defined time frames.
- You will maintain professional and effective working relationships with all members of the Health Care Team.
- You will support the mission, philosophy and goals of the HCA Hospital.
- Current California Nursing License.
- ACLS certification required.
- BCLS certification required.
- PALS certification required.
- TNCC upon or within 1 year of hire
- Emergency, Trauma, Critical Care experience preferred
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing required.
- Graduate of an accredited Registered Nursing Program.
- Continuing education pertaining to Emergency/Trauma Care preferred.
- At least one year acute hospital patient care required.
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Regional Medical Center of San Jose is a 264 bed acute care hospital with a Level II Trauma Center. The hospital provides a host of technologically advanced services including Cardiovascular, Neuro, Orthopedic, Bariatric and General Surgery, Interventional Pulmonology and services for Women. Regional holds Joint Commission advanced certification as a Comprehensive Stroke Center and a Get with the Guidelines- Stroke Gold Plus Performance Achievement Award from the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association. County-designated STEMI (heart attack) Receiving Center designated Lung Cancer Screening Center, a member of Extracorporeal Life Support Organization (ECMO) and certified by The Joint Commission in Sepsis care.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"The great hospitals will always put the patient and the patient's family first, and the really great institutions will provide care with warmth, compassion, and dignity for the individual."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
Join a family that cares about every stage in your career! We are interviewing candidates for our Emergency Room RN II opening. Apply today and a member of our Talent Acquisition team will reach out.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.