DescriptionHourly Wage Estimate: $36.81 - $54.52 / hour
Learn more about the benefits offered for this job.
The estimate displayed represents the typical wage range of candidates hired. Factors that may be used to determine your actual salary may include your specific skills, how many years of experience you have and comparison to other employees already in this role. The typical candidate is hired below midpoint of the range.
Do you have the career opportunities as a(an) Med Surg Nurse you want in your current role? We invest in what matters most to nurses like you – at home, at work, and at every stage in your career. We have an exciting opportunity for you to join MountainView Hospital which is a part of the nation’s leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
MountainView Hospital, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Do you want to work where you have a voice? Nurses are at the forefront of our commitment to the care and improvement of human life. At HCA Healthcare, there are many ways for nurses to have a voice through professional practice councils, advisory councils, vital voices surveys, and units of distinction. We learn from our multi-generational nursing family. We partner with our Nurses at MountainView Hospital!
Job Summary and Qualifications
4 South Cardiac Med Surg: Pre and Post Heart Cath patients, Post Permanent Pacemaker Placements, Pre- CABG patients, Pre-TAVR (Transcatheter aortic valve replacement) , CHF patients, chest pains, vascular patients, ESRD, DM, COPD..
Shift: Full Time Mixed (Nights) 7p-7a; 36 hours per week.
We are seeking an experienced Med/Surg Cardiac Registered Nurse. In this role you will be responsible for planning, executing and evaluating the nursing care given to Med/Surg Cardiac patients. If this describes you, come be a part of what makes us great and apply today!
- You will develop and implement individual patient care plans in accordance with standards of nursing practice through implementation of the nursing process and nursing diagnosis.
- You will administer medications as ordered for specific group of patients and demonstrates knowledge of their modes of action, side effects and contraindications.
- You will initiate, regulate and otherwise manages IV therapy for a specific group of assigned patients.
- You will assume responsibility for patient placement on the unit and assignment of care responsibilities that consider complexity of nursing care required by each patient.
- You will evaluate patient environment for safety and communicates identified concerns to the appropriate person in a timely manner.
- You will provide patient education and keeps patient informed of treatment plan.
- Current Registered Nurse license in the State of Nevada
- AACN National Certification preferred
- Attend Trauma Informed Care course as directed by Manager/Director
- Current BCLS certification from American Heart Association
- Current ACLS certification from American Heart Association
- Management of Aggressive Behavior (MAB)/De-escalation Techniques course
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing
- BSN preferred
- Minimum of one year of acute care hospital experience in an area of specialty preferred
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute for ten consecutive years (2010-2019). In 2019, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If this opportunity is your next step in your career path, we encourage you to apply for our Med Surg Nurse opening. We review all applications. Qualified candidates will be contacted by a member of our team. We are interviewing apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.