ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES :
• Responsible for leading Powertrain Engineering Team in our Bangalore, India location
Responsible for hiring local engineering employees, compensation recommendations,
• Build, lead, coach, and develop a world class Engineering team.
• Develops, manages, and controls departmental budget
• Oversee deliverables from Product & Central Teams and ensures product group goals are executed on-time and within scope
• Develop and maintain relationships with Product Group Directors, Leaders in U.S. and other international locations.
• Work with reporting manager to develop synergy with other product group teams in the Bangalore office.
• Interact and work with resources from multiple engineering sites.
• Grow and expand capabilities of Engineering Team.
• Responsible for training and developing team in Polaris Product Development methodologies (PDP) and other appropriate processes.
• Initiates and facilitate techniques and training for technical staff. Examples include setting up training for aspects of DFMEA, DVP&R, and other standardized systems introduced into Polaris.
• Responsible for managing contract work in country.
• Motivates, coaches, and directs employees to further organizational objectives and promotes employee development.
• Participate/awareness in key project milestones including Team Meetings, Design Reviews, Gate Reviews, and Project Reviews.
• Support continuous improvement work with engineering to drive better efficiencies in delivery and quality of work performed.
• Support program technical needs as and when required.
• Support in-country supplier development as needed.
• Provide production support and training during pilots of new models or features.
• Maintain and promote continuous improvement of workshop area for vehicle teardowns, builds, and development
EDUCATION, SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
• Engineering Bachelor’s degree in a related field required. 15+ Yrs. of total experience
• MBA or Management, Master’s degree preferred
• This role will Involve Leading team members with diverse experience: Powertrain functions that include CAE, Design, Development, Software Developer, Electric Powertrain and Controls, Engine & Engine Sub-systems, Calibration .
• Prior experience having managed a team of 10+ engineers and demonstrated hands-on
experience working / ownership of vehicle system or subsystem.
• High level of people skills, able to work in a team environment.
• Design and development experience required.
• Creative, innovative, decisive and prone to action.
• Quality and customer focused.
• Possess and apply a broad knowledge of principals, practices, and procedures to the completion of difficult technical problems and projects.
• Technical knowledge as demonstrated by academic experience and broad practical experience
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work with domestic and international technology partners.
• Fast paced office environment.
• Flexible hours may be required to participate in meetings with global team.
• International Travel to United States may be required (less than 10%).