Looking for a Middle to Senior level technical support engineer with extensive experience on MS SQL Server DBA as a primary skill, MYSQL DBA as a secondary skill. Should be capable of taking leadership roles in multiple customer accounts.
Responsible for the operation of production environments, including systems and databases, supporting critical business operations. Will perform administration and analysis for multiple production environments and recommend new and novel solutions to improve availability, performance, and supportability. This is an opportunity to bring a combination of deep technical knowledge with administration/analysis knowledge of Oracle's Cloud Infrastructure to provide escalation support to a wide range of complex production environment problems related to immense growth, scaling, leveraging the cloud, extremely high performance, and high availability requirements.
Install, monitor, maintain, support, and optimize all production server hardware and software. Provide escalated technical support for complex technical issues which may include leading problem management cases and providing management status. Coordinate escalated support cases and lead appropriate internal technical resources and/or third-party vendors to resolution and coordinate a storage infrastructure of Oracle system and database appliances. Responsible for Oracle production environments; assist with server operating system and application upgrades, bug fixes, and patching; and work on standardization projects for both hardware and software under the Oracle technology stack while providing consistent system uptime as expected in a Cloud environment. Provide on-call support, on a rotating basis.
BS degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent work experience. Identifies solutions in Technical Infrastructure support and server administration in a mid-sized environment; supports and troubleshoots business-critical databases, software, and operating systems; administers and troubleshoots issues. Knowledge of enterprise platforms. Desire to keep up with modern technology and make recommendations. Knowledge of network architecture and protocols. Experience with enterprise administrative scripting using a major scripting language and experience with software deployment.
Mandatory SQL Server DBA Skills:
- Senior IT Engineer , with 6+ years on SQL Server 2005, 2008 and 2008 R2, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017 ,2019 and 2022.
- Experience in supporting SQL Server IaaS and PaaS on OCI, AWS and Azure Clouds.
- Experience in administrating other database services like SSAS, SSIS and SSRS.
- Experience in installing different SQL server versions as per customer requirement.
- Experience in Upgrading and Migrating databases from lower to higher versions.
- Experience in applying latest patches (SP\CU\GDR\Hotfixes) to fix vulnerabilities and strong troubleshooting skills on resolving patching issues.
- Well versed in database performance tuning, especially SQL tuning.
- Knowledge on Windows cluster will be plus and Experience in MSSQL cluster environments (Active-Active or Active-Passive)
- Supported SQL Server on Linux\Windows both migrations and on-going support.
- Experience in handling HADR environments (Log Shipping, Replication\CDC, Mirroring and AOAG)
- Need strong troubleshooting skills on SQL Server Always on Availability Group and Replication issues.
- Skilled in Backups & Disaster Recovery.
- Knowledge on Backup tools (Eg: CommVault, Semantic NetBackup, LiteSpeed) will be plus.
- Strong experience in Automating DB tasks, Health checks, blocking ,disk space ,Maintenance tasks etc.
- Experience in PowerShell scripting automation will be plus.
- 24 X 7 production support experience.
- Knowledge of Windows Server 2003R2 and later editions
- Working knowledge in T-SQL, BCP, DTS and SSIS development.
- Any cloud Architecture certification is preferable.
- Knowledge and Hands-on expertise on Sybase, Postgre SQL, My SQL and Mongo DB would be additional value addition.
Experience in the following other areas is required:
- Worked in Managed Service Providers or supported multiple customers.
- Has supported large enterprises with over 100 SQL Server instances.
- Is able to direct others' work.
- Can converse with executive levels of management and user base.
- Communicates clearly and pointedly.