Olam Agri (OA) is an unrivalled leader in food, feed and fibre in high-growth emerging markets with proven expertise, processing capabilities and a global origination footprint.
The global population is expected to grow to 9.5 billion people by 2050 and 95% of this growth is projected to be in Africa and Asia. OA’s global reach and capabilities, alongside our unmatched operational footprint in Africa as well as Asia, uniquely positions us to meet the growing demand for food staples and feed across these high growth emerging markets. OA is well placed to capitalize on the key secular trends that are shaping the food agricultural landscape including the growing food security agenda, rising protein consumption, emerging markets growth, rising technology adoption and the growing focus on sustainability.
OA’s Finance Team has a unique opportunity to re-imagine and re-organise to deliver on our strategy as we continue on our journey towards becoming a Best-in-Class Business Partner. To achieve this goal, we are looking to grow our energized team!
Position: Project Management Associate, OA Finance
Location: India (preferably Chennai)
OA’s Finance Transformation & Analysis team has been set up to ignite and execute the finance transformation agenda of the Company where we reinforce a transformational change culture! This team will propel the company forward at a new speed with a mindset of preempting and eradicating pitfalls on our journey, encouraging action and removing roadblocks. We take an offensive growth strategy approach as a team by working with transformation initiative owners, key stakeholders, and collaboration partners to define the end state and build the architecture that helps the finance teams achieve a Future Ready Finance Function!
The OA Finance Project Management Associate will work closely with multiple stakeholders across global locations to drive Finance – IT; Finance – Digital; and Finance – Global Business Services (GBS) projects, critical to the successful delivery of OA’s strategy and objectives. The scope of initiatives will be broad, cross-functional and throughout all levels of the organization, with a high level of organizational impact.
Project Manager Finance-IT; Finance-Digital; and Finance-GBS Priorities and Value-adding Initiatives
· Clearly define project objectives and formulate a transformation project plan with timelines, milestone deliverables, critical path analysis and resource requirements.
· Establish performance measures and accountability mechanisms for non-performance.
· Ensure assigned milestones are delivered, measured and tracked within tolerances of quality and time against the set roadmap.
· Orchestrate a Single Source of Truth:
o Credibility to spot potential conflicts or overlaps across workstreams.
o Proactive visibility on concerns, and issues to ensure timely resolutions – flag potential delays.
o Work with project leads and teams to achieve the best outcome.
· Collaborate and coordinate with business partners to align objectives and manage interdependencies ensuring good relations and communication.
· Challenging the Status Quo - Promotes new thinking, creative solutions and ways of working to address issues and mitigate risks.
· Ensure transfer of knowledge and ownership of completed initiatives to the rest of the organization.
· Review and identify continuous improvement opportunities within OA harnessing best practices, industry leading framework as well as leading innovative tools and technologies.
· Manage comprehensive end-to-end strategic finance processes improvement projects to deliver process simplification, re-engineering, digitisation and automation.
· Analyse existing “as-is” finance processes leveraging different techniques and methods, including documenting the existing state.
· Lead the design and realisation phases of finance process related projects under the mandate of IT, Digital and GBS, by designing finance processes against leading international standards (benchmarks), by managing change and organisational impact and delivering significant, measurable and sustainable business improvement results.
· Support transformation project delivery by driving the process analysis, design, requirements identification and post-implementation review phases whilst coordinating with other project workstreams.
· Validate process improvement post-implementation to review new procedure compliance and identify further opportunities for process optimization.
· Support the digital transformation program by identifying and prioritizing automation and digitization use cases within existing processes.
· Proactively communicate and collaborate with IT, Digital and GBS Teams to define and implement system solutions.
· Support agile delivery squads with user story, acceptance criteria, and supporting documentation for identified process improvement opportunities.
· Identify areas of opportunities within existing processes.
· Conduct process audits to identify non-conformities.
· Provide process insights and reporting to process owners for effective decision making.
Facilitate Communication and Reporting
· Identify potential risks and anticipated points of resistance and develop specific plans to mitigate or address the concerns.
· Develop and own the communication strategy including decks and other communication materials as required to provide status updates on projects.
· Facilitate key meetings and presentations to the Finance Leadership Team and other senior stakeholders to escalate issues, address concerns and drive the leadership mandate.
Requirements for this Role
· Post Graduate in Finance/IT, MBA – Finance/IT, CA/CMA with 5 to 6 years of relevant working experience in project / change management and delivering large scale transformation, especially in finance functions within a large international organization with a specific focus on IT and Digital.
· Candidates with a Big 4 background are welcome to apply.
· Team player with strong interpersonal skills and a flair for managing multiple stakeholders across cross-functional teams, including senior management, to drive outcomes and results.
· Strong networking and communication capabilities - responsible for stakeholder management within the company and externally through multiple modes of communication.
· Superior analytical aptitude, creative problem-solving abilities and excellent communication skills.
· Aptitude and attitude to thrive in a fast moving, rewarding and dynamic environment - professional conduct required at all times.
· Ability to think both strategically and tactically, move seamlessly from plan to execution.
Highly proactive, resilient and flexible and prepared to “get in the trenches” and support the implementation of initiatives