- Own the preliminary screening process for fresh applications and process a thorough financial analysis and background verification of the business as per GV policy and TAT guidelines.
- Own the responsibility of collecting data from the client at different stages of the proposal.
- Undertake the detailed due diligence process in collaboration with the Deal Manager.
- Own the responsibility of writing a detailed credit proposal which includes undertaking financial and business analysis.
- Collaborate with the Deal Manager in reviewing the final credit proposal and presenting the same to the Management for final decision making.
- Conduct industry/sector and business model evaluation on a regular basis and identify key success factors and/or areas of concern.
- Undertake short-term projects to help improve the current process or execute new initiatives.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in underwriting in an SME lending/Fintech/NBFC/Banks
- Strong understanding of financial statements and ratio analysis.
- Knowledge of MS Excel
- Ability to conduct secondary and primary research on the market and determine success factors for businesses.
- Skilled in expressing ideas clearly and persuasively, both verbally and in writing.
- The candidate has a strong analytical judgement in respect of credit matters, and the ability to form an overview of things.
- Has humility and drive in equal measure; carries a strong appetite for learning new things.
- Has good personal discipline and planning capabilities, is confident working to deadlines without constant detailed supervision
- Accuracy, precision, and attention to detail.