: Treasury Markets and Investments (TMI) Associate
Location : Mumbai
About Deutsche Bank
As a leading global bank with roots in Germany, we’re driving change and innovation in the industry – championing integrity, sustainable performance and innovation with our clients, and redefining our culture and relationships with each other. With operations in over 70 countries, we encourage our people to work together but to think for themselves. Our large but focused footprint gives us a strong position in Europe plus a significant presence in the Americas and Asia Pacific. We offer clients commercial and investment banking, retail banking and transaction banking as well as ground-breaking asset and wealth management products and services. So, if you’re talented, collaborative and curious, you could help us shape the future of our organisation.
Treasury is part of the Finance division with the Group Treasurer reporting to the Group CFO. The function is responsible for the sourcing, management and optimisation of liquidity and capital to deliver high-value risk management decisions. This is underpinned by a best-in-class risk framework that enables Treasury to identify the Bank’s resource demands, set incentives by allocating resource costs to businesses and manage to evolving regulation.
Treasury’s mandate, which encompasses the Bank’s funding strategy, Asset and Liability management (ALM) and management of liquidity reserves, supports businesses in delivering on their strategic targets at global and local level. Treasury manages the optimization of all financial resources to implement the group’s strategic objective and maximize long-term return on shareholders’ equity. The Group Treasurer is based in London and the Treasury function operates across the globe with major hubs in Frankfurt, London, Singapore and New York.
The current role is part of Treasury Office in DBC Mumbai. The role requires interactions with all key hubs i.e. London, New York, Frankfurt and Singapore.
Treasury Markets and Investments (TMI) is market facing division with-in group treasury responsible for some functions including:
- Pool: Cash management, wholesale funding management, management of FX and interest rate risk, the management of liquidity portfolios and optimization of net interest income
- SLR: Managing the investment portfolio to optimize the return on the bank’s liquidity reserves
- Issuance & Securitization: Long term debt issuance to support the banks funding plan
- ALM: Structural risk management for the firm, including Interest Rate Risk in the Banking Book
The Pool function in Treasury is vital to the Bank’s success. It actively manages the Bank’s short term unsecured funding. The pool’s aim is to fund the structural gap between assets and liabilities. Pool raises short term funding via money markets and takes in funding from and provides funding to business while meeting regulatory & internal requirements. Pool is operating in & covering all DB locations and LEs globally. Pool also contains the Benchmarks Team which oversees the submission of the Bank’s contributions to global interest rate calculations.
Your key responsibilities:
- Functional involvement is within Treasury Markets and Investments but may also require close coordination with other Treasury areas such as Liquidity Management, Funds Transfer Pricing, Treasury Regulation, Capital Management and Balance Sheet Management.
- Work with local pool managers to analyze drivers of net interest income in the respective pool and work on adjustments to FTP, liquidity deployment and evaluate various funding options, while meeting regulatory constraints
- Independently help analyze Risk and P&L for Local Pools
- Work on relevant Treasury projects within the region/globally, such as senior management country reviews.
- Work in close cooperation with business and internal stakeholders such as Markets, Risk and Finance to drive key Treasury initiatives/agenda.
- Assist local pool managers in regional roll outs of new infrastructure systems and treasury change projects
- Help automate certain ticketing processes and the production of currently manually produced reports
Your skills and experience:
- Atleast 3 to 4 years of relevant work experience in Treasury/Banking, trading or risk management and ability to understand positions, risk and PnL
- University degree with a quantitative focus (Finance, Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Physics or other life sciences) is of benefit
- Good knowledge and understanding of Financial Markets & Treasury products and systems.
- Product knowledge in unsecured cash and derivative products
- Understanding of risk metrics, such as PV01 and VAR
- Experience in Treasury transfer pricing, money markets, funding desk, risk hedging, balance sheet or asset & liability management within a business or infrastructure function in a banking environment
- Good verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Good analytical and problem-solving abilities and a tech-savvy mind set