We are looking for a Technical Architect - Data Engineering (DE) who will provide strategic direction and broad oversight for our high-performing Data Engineering team that maintains, integrates and implements modern data engineering practices and technologies. This role requires a blend of architecture experience, executive polish, business sense, and especially technical depth.
- 8+ years of hands-on Experience with crafting and building large scale data pipelines in distributed environments with technologies such as Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, Hive etc.
- Experience with NoSQL datastores like Cassandra, Elasticsearch, HBase, MongoDB.
- Proven skills in designing, tuning & optimizing scalable, highly available distributed systems which can handle high data volumes.
- Strong understanding of software engineering principles and fundamentals including data structures and algorithms.
- Strong experience of working with API’s and integrating multiple applications together.
- Proficient & hands-on in Python is a must.
- Good Experience with modern engineering practices and technologies including CICD, Cloud native development, social coding (github), chatbots and more.
- Good data modelling experience to address scale and read/write performance.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills on both technical and non-technical topics.
- Excellent general analytical & problem solving skills.
- Experience with cloud computing platform like AWS or GCP is a plus.
Bachelor/Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, quantitative studies, such as Statistics, Math, Operation Research, Economics and Advanced Analytics
- Work with DE Practice Lead and clients to understand business problems, industry context, data sources, potential risks, and constraints.
- Collaborate with Leadership – provide meaningful and credible feedback on Data Engineering capabilities, data availability, and customer trend information.
- Actively mentor and coach the team and help them realize the best solution to a problem
- Facilitating, guiding, and influencing the clients and teams towards right information technology architecture and becoming interface between Business leadership, Tech leadership and the delivery teams
- Provide best practice advice to customers and team members
- Create an ecosystem that fosters innovation and encourages members of the CoE to build innovative solutions and publish papers/content in public domain.
- Lead our DE team performing standard-to-advanced and the highest complexity Data and API engineering in modern ways on modern platforms and technologies.
- Works with and directs all resources on requirements and reviewing the quality of work prior to move to production.
- Get the stakeholder feedback, get alignment on approaches, deliverables, and roadmaps.
- Develop a project plan including milestones, dates, owners, and risks and contingency plans.
- Create and maintain efficient data pipelines, often within clients’ architecture; typically, data are from a wide variety of sources, internal and external, and manipulated using SQL, spark, and Cloud big data technologies.
- Provide strategic leadership, development and talent management activities for direct reports and their organizations, which may include forecasting resource needs, recruiting, hiring, performance management, training and budgeting. You will also collaborate with managers and supervisors in your organization to ensure staff selections align with current and future needs.
- Executes Performance Management cycle responsibilities (reviews, salaries and incentives). Formulates development plans and roadmaps for new and incumbent staff to help them succeed at their job responsibilities
- Assists with the development and/or monitoring of workflow, procedures, and metrics to track employee and department productivity, gathers and analyses statistics and makes recommendations for performance improvements.