Scope (A brief statement of overall responsibilities):
Administer and ensure seamless operation of Aveva Systems for the department. Ensuring engineering work undertaken is accordance with Departmental Work Instructions, Procedures and Standards.
Responsible for: (The main job activities)
- Project creation, License and User management, performing of backup and recoveries.
- Aveva Global expertise with multiple satellites to manage distributed engineering.
- Import or export (full/partial) database elements to and from external CAD Systems as logical or reference object.
- Troubleshooting, problem analysis, and resolution related to CAD Systems used in the department and liaise with Application support team.
- Support to prepare and manage Standards, Catalogues and Specifications for the Aveva.
- Advanced level of PML and C# programming expertise to develop and implement procedures within CAD/CAM scope to enhance efficiency and reduce Man-Hour.
- Administer Drafting Library and Support to the configuration of drawing templates including Material Take Off (MTO) / Bill of Materials (BOM).
- Provide support and assistance for 3D Modeling and Generation of production deliverable drawings.
- Perform clash checks and generate clash plot and reports.
- Expertise with “AVEVA Point Cloud Manager” to Manage Laser Scanned Point-Cloud data.
- Prepare and update 3D model review files (Navisworks) with attributes.
- Conduct In-house training for departmental CAD/CAM user.
- Other responsibilities as instructed by immediate supervisor.
- Bachelor in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering or Naval Architecture from a recognized University.
- 5/8 years’ experience in the marine/offshore field (Shipyard/design office/classification society).
- Knowledge of standard deliverables within any (Piping, Electrical, Hvac or Structural) discipline in line with international standards.
- Proficiency with AVEVA (PDMS, E3D, Bocad, and LFM), CADMATIC and Tekla Structure will be an added advantage.
- Advance level of programming skill (PML, C# or C++) with general understanding of SQL scripting.
- (Optional) Familiarity with international standards/rules for piping/HVAC/structural will be considered as an advantage.