Are you passionate about the patient experience? At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caring for patients with purpose and integrity. We care like family! Jump-start your career as a EHR Support Analyst today with Las Palmas Medical Center.
Las Palmas Medical Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Come join our team as a(an) EHR Support Analyst. We care for our community! Just last year, HCA Healthcare and our colleagues donated $13.8 million dollars to charitable organizations. Apply Today!
Job Summary and Qualifications
You will serve as an onsite clinical IT resource for facility implementation and support of a limited set of clinical applications. Assists in facilitating the facility's core clinical systems team on clinical IT activities. Second level support as a local clinical subject matter expert to resolve incidents and participation in new module/application testing and implementation for the facility.
- You will facilitate and manage maintenance of facility-specific dictionaries and provide input to division policies and procedures, training, and best practices for use within the facility.
- Works with the EHR Support Team and facility core team members to deliver hands-on training as needed, and to implement division standardization, utilization, integration and optimization plans for clinical applications.
- May be dedicated to a specific facility or may operate across a geographic zone and serve multiple facilities.
- You will provide on-call assistance as needed.
- Participates in software update testing
- Facilitates and manages maintenance of facility-specific dictionaries
- You will provide input to base division policies and procedures, training, and best practices for use within the facility
- Works with the Division EHR Support Team and facility core team members to deliver hands-on training as needed.
- Works with the Division EHR Support Team to actively promote and support division standardization, utilization, integration and optimization plans for a limited set of clinical applications.
- You will perform quality audits and track metrics related to system use
- Promotes system security and patient confidentiality and helps ensure compliance
- Coordinates the execution and use of tools for audits
RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE
- 1+ years
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
- Understanding of clinical operations and processes
- Understands pertinent JCAHO, MQSA, HIPAA, and ACR guidelines
- Must be able to drive to assigned sites to complete work
- Possession/Maintenance of specialty clinical licensure is strongly desired.
- Valid state driver’s license and proof of auto insurance.
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
ITG transforms healthcare and gives people healthier tomorrows. We deliver information technology strategy, support, and solutions. ITG improve and enhance patient care and business operations. We deliver services at administrative locations, data centers, and hospitals. The facilities we support are located in 20+ states and the United Kingdom. Our team works to move healthcare forward. We do this by seeking, embracing, developing, and delivering technology for patient care.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"The great hospitals will always put the patient and the patient's family first, and the really great institutions will provide care with warmth, compassion, and dignity for the individual."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our EHR Support Analyst opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
HCA Healthcare is a collaborative healthcare network, driven by physicians, nurses and colleagues helping each other champion the practice of medicine to give people a healthier tomorrow. With a comprehensive network of more than 270,000 people across approximately 1,800 care facilities, our scale enables us to deliver great outcomes for our patients, provide superior nursing care and be a preferred place for physicians to practice medicine. We never stop in our pursuit of insights and care advances based on the knowledge and data we gain from approximately 30 million patient encounters a year. Every day, we raise the bar to improve the way healthcare is delivered, not just in our facilities, but everywhere. We’re committed to improving more lives in more ways, and above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life.