The Shift Lead is responsible for executing restaurant operations, in conjunction with the General Manager. The Shift Lead follows standard operational procedures for living the Brand Values and helping the brand thrive. Focus is on influencing guest-centric culture that consistently delivers excellent guest service and food quality while ensuring compliance with policies, procedures, and regulatory requirements.
- Maintains brand image by ensuring restaurant cleanliness, maintenance, and excellent service.
- Treats all team members with respect and dignity.
- Follows company guidelines and executes protocols for daily activities to achieve excellence in restaurant operational performance.
- Encourages restaurant teams to consistently deliver excellent guest service and food quality in adherence with brand systems, procedures, and food safety requirements to provide a raveable guest experience.
- Work with other team members to deliver long term sales growth initiatives designed to drive profitable sales growth.
- Reviews, practices, and modifies as needed to continuously improve the guest experience.
- Supports General Manager to Identify and train internal candidates for Shift Lead positions.
- Assist in the training, of employees and ensures operations are executed per company operational standards.
- Interacts with guests and the community; responds to guest questions, concerns, and complaints in a timely and professional manner to ensure positive resolution and guest recovery. Promptly escalates concerns to the General Manager.
- Assists the General Manager in using management information tools to analyze restaurant operational and financial performance.
- Helps identify trends and assist actions for improvement.
- Monitors costs and adherence to budget and restaurant goals.
- Complies with all State and Federal labor laws and regulations.
The Shift Lead will help to support the company by maintaining an outstanding work environment through positive attitude, hospitality to guest and teammates and excellent operational performance,
Education: High school diploma or equivalent required; age requirements may apply in order to remain in compliance with State and Federal laws. Must be at least 18 years old.
- 6+ months of restaurant operations experience.
- Must complete Shift Lead training classes, and in certain states, must be ServSafe certified.
- Ability to communicate in English is required, Spanish comprehension is helpful.
- Fundamental reading, writing, math and computer/POS skills are required.
- Must have access to adequate transportation and complete the administrative driving requirement.
- May be required to reach, bend, stoop, climb, and/or lift up to 50 pounds.
May be required to operate/access equipment at standard heights while walking or standing during entire shift.
- Hazards include, but are not limited to, slipping, tripping, burns, cuts, abrasions, and falls.
Must be willing to work a variety of shifts, sometimes exceeding beyond eight hours, based on operating hours.
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays.
Travel – N/A
Customer Focus - Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
Dealing with Ambiguity - Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn't upset when things are up in the air; doesn't have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
Functional/Technical Skills - Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment.
Learning on the Fly - Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
Listening - Practices attentive and active listening; has the patience to hear people out; can accurately restate the opinions of others even when he/she disagrees.
Problem Solving - Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; probes all fruitful sources for answers; can see hidden problems; is excellent at honest analysis; looks beyond the obvious and doesn't stop at the first answers.
Time Management - Uses his/her time effectively and efficiently; values time; concentrates his/her efforts on the more important priorities; gets more done in less time than others; can attend to a broader range of activities.
QDOBA will make reasonable accommodations to allow a qualified individual with a disability to enjoy equal employment opportunities and to perform the essential functions of the job. This position description should be applied accordingly.