Account Risk Engineering Lead - Property
- Location: Sydney or Melbourne
- Type: Permanent, full time
Your part in a changing world
At QBE, our purpose is to enable a more resilient future.
We’re an international insurer and reinsurer with a local presence in 27 countries.
Leveraging our deep expertise and insights, QBE offers commercial, personal and specialty products and risk management solutions to help people and businesses manage risks, build strength and embrace change to their advantage. We’ve been cultivating resilience since 1886, when our founders started a marine insurance company in Townsville, Australia to give early pioneers a safeguard against uncertainty. Today, we employ more than 11,600 people around the world, and our product portfolio includes property, motor, crop, energy, marine and aviation insurance.
The Account Risk Engineering Lead – Property is a newly created role within the Risk Solutions team that will be responsible for developing and implementing our customer risk management service offering to provide account level engineering services and risk management solutions to customers.
Reporting to the National Risk Manager – Property & Liability, this strategic role will see you lead a team of risk engineers to provide risk management solutions to QBE customers, promoting risk awareness through provision of quality market facing property risk reports and risk improvement strategies, including overseeing the delivery of risk engineering services to customers, such as technical plan review, recommendation management and advice, and impairment management practices.
This role also supports the technical advancement of risk engineers, suppliers and underwriters, which includes the undertaking of individual and team learning and development sessions, in addition to leading enhancements to technical property guidelines.
How will I help?
A day in the role may look a bit like this;
- Develop and implement customer risk management service offering to provide industry leading account level engineering services and risk management solutions to customers
- Oversee account management for key customers and implementation of customer service strategies and programmes that reduce loss expectancy and improve customer operations
- Develop new innovative service offerings, including supporting the onboarding and ongoing management of an ecosystem of risk partners to deliver planned risk solutions into market
- Support the delivery of technology solutions to continually expand and enhance the account risk management service offering
- Contribute to thought leadership and technical insight delivered to customers, business partners and colleagues through events, webinars, communications and other publications
- Management of account risk engineering team and services ensuring delivery is proper, on-time, and cost effective
- Support the development, implementation and maintenance of risk management procedures, processes, guidelines, tools and systems
- Perform field engineering services where necessary, primarily for key customer accounts and complex risks
- Actively coach and mentor team to ensure optimum performance, employee engagement and retention
What do I need?
To be successful you will have….
- Relevant tertiary level qualification (e.g., Professional Engineering degree or equivalent)
- Minimum 10 years’ relevant professional experience providing insurance risk management services, including five years with an insurance carrier
- Minimum five years’ leadership experience within risk engineering practice
- Extensive property hazard identification and loss prevention/mitigation strategies for large and complex risks
- Extensive business interruption exposure awareness for large and complex risks, including associated business continuity planning
- Demonstrated experience in loss prevention and mitigation, including the delivery of technically credible market facing risk reports
- Excellent communicator with strong facilitation, influencing and negotiation skills
We are here to support you
We offer a range of benefits to help provide holistic support for your work life, whatever your circumstances. As a QBE employee you will have access to and benefit from:
- ‘Hybrid Working’ – a mix of working from home and in the office to enhance your work/life balance
- Our ‘Thriving at our Best’ wellbeing program, including free holistic wellbeing coaching, nutritional, confidential counselling, financial and legal advice
- 12 weeks’ gender-equal flexible leave for all new parents, including paid super
- The ability to maximise retirement savings through voluntary super contributions and company matching
- Income protection insurance & reimbursed Death and Total Permanent Disability insurance premiums
- Additional leave and support through QBE’s Family Domestic Violence First Responder Network
- Discounts on insurance products, car hire, hotels, goods and services including benefits through our various sports and arts sponsorship partners
We value our employee’s experience with us and are proud to have been recognised for the following awards:
- 2021 LinkedIn Top Employer & HRD Employer of Choice
- 2020 Best Workplace Diversity & Inclusion and Excellence Award for Best Health & Wellbeing at the Australian HR Awards
- Gold Employer status for 4 years in a row 2019 - 2022 Australian Workplace Equality Index (AWEI) – the definitive national benchmark on LGBTQI+ workplace inclusion
- Ranked 6th place in the AAGE Top Graduate Employers 2021 as voted by graduates
- Top 20 Workplaces for Dads in 2019 and 2020 (HBF Direct Advice for Dads)
- Family First accredited employer since 2021