Accenture is a global professional services company. We believe in inclusion and diversity and supporting the whole person. Our core values comprise of Stewardship, Best People, Client Value Creation, One Global Network, Respect for the Individual and Integrity. Year after year, Accenture is recognized worldwide not just for business performance but for inclusion and diversity too.
Experience: All levels
Start date: Staggered start dates apply
Salary: Remuneration package is negotiable based on experience
Do you have your head in the Cloud?
• Combine the best of your ingenuity and Cloud technologies to build a better world and lead clients towards change.
• Join us and do extraordinary things.
As a Data Migration Engineer, you will design and maintain data analytic road maps and data structures that support business and technology ambitions. Naturally inquisitive and open to exploration of underlying data, finding valuable insights and work with functional areas to drive identified actions, you enjoy supporting a team and contributing and have the confidence to influence and communicate with stakeholders at all levels and comfortable working with ambiguity in complex environments.
Accenture’s Modern Data Platforms practice covers the range of Data and AI skills across all domains of data governance & quality, cloud & traditional data engineering and visual insights & next generation user interfaces. When combined with Accenture’s broader Strategy and Consulting and Technology businesses, we are able to bring together the unique end to end business changes through the application of Data and AI. You will join our migration capability in the Modern Data Platforms team
About the role:
You will become an integral part of our Cloud First & Applied Intelligence team with the credibility, expertise and insight clients depend on working alongside our industry, functional and technology SMEs with famous brands and household names to tackle some of the most tough problems in industry and the community.
In our team you will:
• Work as a hands-on, authentic and committed Data Engineer to support clients across a range of industries.
• Take responsibility for all aspects of data engineering from delivery planning, estimating and analysis, through to data architecture and pipeline design, delivery, and production implementation
• Design and implement complex data solutions ranging from batch to streaming and data directed architectures, across cloud, on-premises and hybrid client technology landscapes
• Provide technical thought to define data migration strategy and solution design using ETL (Extract-Transform-Load) methodology
• Carry out root cause analysis of the problem and propose solutions.
• Ensure technical expectations of deliverables are met
• Drive engineering and architectural practices and standards
• Develop end to end analytical solutions which will require transformation of complex data sets from multiple source systems, fix bugs, develop enhancements, address queries and requests from business and assist in data and integration tests.
We are looking for experience in the following:
• Using tools and techniques such as Data Lake, SQL, Python/Pyspark (or other programming languages with the capability to learn Python), Git, AWS, ADO DevOps.
• Data migration project experience
• Strong hands-on experience in building data engineering pipelines.
• Worked on delivering Data & Analytics solution on cloud platform, preferably AWS
• Used cloud data services, such as S3, RedShift, Glue, Step Functions, Lambda
• Previous experience with high-scale or distributed RDBMS (Teradata, Netezza, Greenplum, Aster Data, Vertica), including metadata management, SQL development and performance tuning within these database environments.
• Experience in addressing and implementing data quality solutions, data reconciliation framework and strong understanding and experience in building data lineage documentation, and Data Catalogues.
• Experience with related/complementary open source software platforms and languages (e.g. Java, Linux, Apache, Perl/PHP, Chef)
Apply now to register your interest and have a chat about your current situation and career goals.