Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team.
We value your contributions. Our employee recognition programs encourage our teams to raise the bar. We are currently seeking a Histotechnologist to join our family. Come be a part of the change!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
HCA Houston Healthcare Kingwood- Kingwood, Texas
Histotechnologist - LaboratoryShift: Part Time
HCA Houston Healthcare Kingwood is a 439-bed acute care facility that has provided quality care to the Lake Houston area for over 25 years. It is home to the area's only comprehensive cardiac, neuroscience and women services programs. Our Women & Children's Center provides Level II and III neonatal intensive care units, high-risk obstetrics, a breast diagnostic center, a designated pediatric unit, and the area's only pediatric emergency department.
HCA Houston Healthcare Kingwood is affiliated with HCA Houston Healthcare, part of the HCA Healthcare Gulf Coast Division. The division is a comprehensive network of hospitals, outpatient surgery centers, emergency centers and diagnostic imaging facilities in greater Houston, Corpus Christi and South Texas. Facilities include: 17 hospitals, nine ambulatory care centers, 13 off-campus emergency centers, and a regional transfer center.
What you will do in this role:
- Performs tissue processing, slide preparation, staining, tissue embedding, block cutting, preparation of cytology specimens, frozen sections and assisting with bone marrow procedures.
- The Histology Technician is required to demonstrate an understanding of specimen, preparation, processing and storage, as well as how to retrieve departmental slides and reports and an understanding of department inventory and ordering supplies is also required.
- Clerical duties include, but not limited to, the completion and/or interpretation of Pathology forms, requisitions, reports, logs and charge sheets.
- The Histology Technician has a clear and knowledgeable understanding of the hospital policies and procedures including technical safety, infection control and disaster policies. Must be experienced with using the microscope and training as required.
- He/she will perform tasks as assigned by the Supervisor within his/her scope of training.
What qualifications you will need for this role:
- HT (ASCP) or equivalent, required.
- Two years working as a Histologist in a Clinical Pathology Laboratory preferred.
HCA Healthcare ranks on Fortune's list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years and HCA ranks 63rd on the fortune 500 list. In addition Ethisphere named HCA as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies. We want you to join our tradition of excellence. Intrigued? We'd love to hear from you.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our recruiters. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.