NYU Langone Health is a world-class, patient-centered, integrated academic medical center, known for its excellence in clinical care, research, and education. It comprises more than 200 locations throughout the New York area, including five inpatient locations, a children's hospital, three emergency rooms and a level 1 trauma center. Also part of NYU Langone Health is the Laura and Isaac Perlmutter Cancer Center, a National Cancer Institute designated comprehensive cancer center, and NYU Grossman School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. At NYU Langone Health, equity, diversity, and inclusion are fundamental values. We strive to be a place where our exceptionally talented faculty, staff, and students of all identities can thrive. We embrace diversity, inclusion, and individual skills, ideas, and knowledge. For more information, go to nyulangone.org, and interact with us on LinkedIn, Glassdoor, Indeed, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a PeopleSoft HCM Lead Techno-Functional Analyst.
In this role, the PeopleSoft Techno-Functional Lead, is a seasoned HCM functional analyst/professional with technical background providing advanced expertise in a complex professional discipline; be able to serve as a mentor to less-experienced staff with responsibility for their HCM Functional/technical/analytical development. This position serves as the Corporate Systems representative to support Corporate Systems automation as well as the functional and technical expert to support the PeopleSoft Human Resource user community. Selected candidate will work with business process owners and other team members to collect user requirements and translate them into well engineered, tested, and deployed business applications. This individual is the conduit between the customer community and the software development team through which requirements and solutions flow. They will develop requirements specifications according to standard templates, using natural language. We take pride in our customer-first approach. Selected candidate will be expected to have empathy, good communication skills and a clear understanding of not just the customer requirements, but also the practical application of the solutions from the perspective of the customer, for any projects being worked on.
- Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business process and workflow analysis.
- Understands interdependencies between human resources, benefits and payroll modules. Helps design and configure systems to ensure smooth and accurate data flow
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with business partners to analyze information needs and functional requirements and deliver the following artifacts as needed: (Functional/Business requirements, business process flows, technical solutions, use cases, screen mock-ups and Interface designs). Delivering effective solutions requires an emphasis on putting-the-customer-first-approach, and ensuring that all solutions delivered are seen from the perspective of the customer
- Assist in project deliverables as required; Work with other team members and off-shore developers to understand and document program development requirements
- Assist in production support resolutions; Define and conduct system tests and system validation
- Maintenance, support, design, development, and implementation of HCM applications
- Follows department standard methodology and procedures, including change control
- Develops test plans and creates test scripts with coordination with the business user and QA teams
- Define and conduct system tests and system validation. Ensure the test scripts have been created, reviewed, and updated to reflect proposed solutions. Support and oversee user acceptance testing
- Assists with User Acceptance Testing and logging/resolving testing issues
- Manage communication to users on assigned tickets, track issues, ensure their timely resolution, and manage user expectations. Assists in prioritization of user requests
- Perform report development or modification, data extraction using PS Query, SQL etc. Support Business users modifying and developing queries
To qualify you must have a To qualify you must have a Bachelor's Degree in information systems, computer science, engineering or related fields.
Requires 7 or more years of relevant experience in PeopleSoft HCM 9.2 applications and People Tools 8.57+. Strong experience in systems design, solution development, testing, deployment and support of PeopleSoft HCM applications including Core HR, Employee and Manager Self Service, Base Benefits, Benefit Administration, North America Payroll, Talent Acquisition Management etc.
Experience with PeopleSoft Interaction Hub, Learning Management, Performance/Goal Management is a plus.
Strong understanding of the tables and data structure used by PeopleSoft HCM modules as well as experience in using PeopleSoft Tools like App Designer (Pages, Peoplecode, App Engines etc), PeopleSoft Security, PS Query, SQL and other user reporting tools.
Microsoft Office (Advanced Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, etc.)
Knowledge of Analytical Practices
Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
Excellent Documentation skills using business flows, mock-ups etc
Experience in an Academic medical center.
Experience with advanced Peoplesoft Tools like Fluid pages, Kibana, and Rest API Integrations
Experiencing Data conversion and migration from/to PeopleSoft Applications
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Health provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Health's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal "EEO is the law" poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information.
NYU Langone Health provides a salary range to comply with the New York City Law on Salary Transparency in Job Advertisements. The salary range for the role is $110,479.20 - $127,328.03 Annually. Actual salaries depend on a variety of factors, including experience, specialty, education, and hospital need. The salary range or contractual rate listed does not include bonuses/incentive, differential pay or other forms of compensation or benefits.
To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here