About The Position
The General Supervisor, Planning supervises management personnel responsible for the planning and scheduling of maintenance work activities at Ameren energy centers.
Key responsibilities include:
- Oversight and development of planning and scheduling personnel to define and assemble highly detailed job packages with regard to necessary parts, drawings, instructions, tools and permits to safely perform maintenance.
- Recognition, selection and timely scheduling of work to minimize equipment de-rates and maximum unit production utilizing safe processes.
- Develop personnel to achieve high PM compliance with a focus on maintaining consistent high compliance levels. Push to minimize improperly coded work with the goal to work the schedule. Work with other departments to address the cause of schedule impacts with a focus on corrective action.
- Continual evaluation of quality of planning policies and work processes. Utilize new techniques or resources to improve existing processes. Develop and maintain selected metrics to monitor and address improvement. Conduct staff meetings to resolve issues and achieve teamwork.
- Interface and build relationships with other departments and groups to prioritize work packages, work schedules, and long range schedules. Partner with outage scheduling, maintenance, operations, and engineering.
- Provide technical assistance to planning, scheduling, operations, and maintenance personnel.
Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university and 5 or more years of relevant power plant experience (e.g. maintenance planning, maintenance, plant engineering and/or operations) OR high school diploma and 7 or more years of relevant power plant experience (see examples above) are required. Two or more years of supervisory experience is required.
In addition to the above qualifications, the successful candidate will demonstrate:
Excellent leadership, organization, decision making, human relations, and communication skills.Additional Information
Ameren's selection process includes a series of interviews and may include candidate testing and/or an individual aptitude or skill-based assessment. Specific details will be provided to qualified candidates.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, genetic information, military service or status, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other class, trait, or status protected by law.