Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Determine equipment needs for loading out jobs according to the package selected by the client. Assist in coordinating all equipment, parts, and other requirements with Product Line Supervisor and/or District Manager to ensure that all delivered products meet the specifications required.
- With the assistance of other mechanics and/or field personnel load and unload equipment onto trailers and/or into job boxes.
- Provides training, guidance, and leadership for other less experienced personnel.
- Works on-call 24 hours per day, 7 days a week, except for regularly scheduled days-off period. To be available on short notice for performing work duties.
- Familiar with correct HSE, SOP & QA/QC procedures.
- Will utilize equipment maintenance forms to ensure all work is completed properly or tagged for out of service if required.
- Observes safe working practices, safety rules, and regulations. Complies with TTI & client safety policies and procedures. Initiates job safety analysis (JSA) procedures and hazard recognition practices prior to any job task.
- Corrects obvious hazards immediately or reports to the Product Line Supervisor if not immediately correctable. Performs all required documentation including but not limited to JSA's, behavior-based observations (BBO) cards, near hit documentation, and incident investigations.
- Will ensure that all personnel will comply with PPE standards per client & TTI policies.
- Attends in-house and/or outside training seminars to acquire basic knowledge of OSHA and company safety programs and policies and employee will commit themselves to TTI online training courses.
- Acts to develop TTI services in becoming a "best-in-class" service provider by working to ensure seamless operations as viewed by the customer.
- Promotes company image by ensuring facilities, vehicles, equipment, and job sites are clean and well maintained.
- Personal appearance will also be clean, and uniforms / PPE will be clean and will only have company approved signage on them.
- Communicate effectively with the client representative and/or other third-party service companies any needs, issues, and/or requests to perform necessary job functions. Examples of third-party services would be but not limited to haul trucks, winch trucks, hot shot drivers, etc....
- Effectively communicate shop needs to management to ensure all necessary parts and equipment are kept in stock and that all needs are met to ensure there is no disruption with operations.
- Will communicate with district administrative clerks' clerical needs including but not limited to damage reports due to well affluent, timesheets, equipment tracking, etc....
- Coordinate the acquisition of materials from vendors that is needed for the maintenance and repairs of testing equipment.
- Work diligently with vendors to receive quotes from multiple sources to ensure best price
- is negotiated for goods and services.
- Maintains the shop work area in a clean, secure, and responsible manner.
- Perform all necessary routine maintenance on shop equipment such as pumps, forklifts, cranes, trailers, and all other equipment.
- Assist with rig up/rig down operations on client locations as needed.
- Perform general equipment maintenance such as sand blasting, grinding, and painting equipment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Education: High School Diploma or general education degree (GED) and two to three years of job related experienced preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance manuals, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak and effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtracts, multiply, and divides in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent to draw and interpret bar graphs. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- General knowledge of computer usage and ability to utilize MS Excel spreadsheets and us of internal company software as needed.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with and solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Pass the required physical examination and drug screen as well as a Motor Vehicle Record check. Certain locations may require possession of a valid Commercial Driver's License with Hazardous Material and Air Brake endorsements.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Driving: The employee must be able to sit and drive for extended periods of time and able to drive a company assigned vehicle strictly following the company's driving policies and procedures.
- Lifting: The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Vision: Specific vision requirements are close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to focus.
- Other: While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be able to hear and communicate without hindrance and is regularly required to use hands to hold, handle or feel; reach with hand and arms, talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee is regularly required to sit, stand and walk. The employee may occasionally be required to climb to heights of less than 10 feet, balance and stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job:
- The employee is regularly exposed to fumes or airborne particles
- Outdoor weather conditions and vibration
- The employee is frequently exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather)
- Work near moving mechanical parts
- The employee is occasionally exposed to work in high, precarious places
- Toxic or caustic chemicals
- Risk of electrical shock and risk of radiation
- The noise level in the work environment is usually very loud