• Capture, reconcile and calculate hours worked from clock cards weekly, ensuring leave and overtime forms are received and authorized.
• Attend to payroll queries.
• Finalise calculations for monthly payroll.
• Weekly report on hours owing/due.
• Daily engagement with employees on absences.
• Handle full function of recruitment, selection and onboarding.
• Obtain personal details and employment details (from Site Manager/HR Officers).
• Maintain employee details and changes to employment details on an ongoing basis.
• Prepare and implement contracts, policies, procedures.
• Maintain employee records.
• Advise line managers and employees on employment law, company policies/procedures and best practices.
• Issue warnings when required, updating disciplinary records of employees.
• Investigating alleged misconducts and collating evidence.
• Initiating and chairing disciplinary hearings.
• IR relations with unions and shopstewards.
• Representation at CCMA/BCCEI
• Medical Aid and Provident Fund - Additions / Exits / Claims – forms to be completed and submitted.
• Matric/Grade 12
• Qualification in Human Resource management (Degree/Diploma)
• Sound understanding and knowledge of labour legislation.
• Minimum of 3 years experience at middle management.
• Minimum of 3 years of experience of representing at the CCMA.
• Must be able to read and speak English and Zulu
• Computer literacy (Excel, Work and Outlook) is essential. Word and Excell at Advance Level.
• Ability to work with people and excellent communication skills.
• Strong administrative and organizational abilities.