National Data Centre Engineering Manager
We are Fujitsu. A Japanese company with a strong set of values and a history of respecting fairness and equality, whilst promoting diversity and inclusion. We constantly push ourselves to do better and strive to bring together a diverse mix of perspectives and talents in an inclusive environment, where we encourage our people to bring their full selves to work. We call this Be Completely You.
We are inclusive. As a responsible business, it is important to us that we reflect the diversity of our society and customers. Globally, Fujitsu is not only a Disability Confident company, a Times Top 50 employer for Women, and a signatory for the Race at Work Charter. We are also committed to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals and in Australia we have been recognised as an AWEI Gold employer for our LGBTI+ inclusion. We also have specific inclusion efforts with First Nations Peoples in New Zealand through our Maori and Pacific Peoples Inclusion Plan and in Australia with our Reconciliation Action Plan.
We are people centric. This means we care about our people (and their families and communities) and appreciate that everyone has a life outside of work. By supporting our people to Work Your Way, we empower them to achieve a flexible and respectful approach to work which suits them and our customers best - this could be working hours, location, or a flexible approach to their working day.
We want you to thrive. If working for a progressive organisation, with a continuing commitment to diversity and inclusion is important, you should apply.
Shape your world and achieve together
The National DC Engineering Manager is responsible for managing the Data Centre Technical Services deliverables for all Fujitsu Data centres within Oceania.
· Operational Best Practice - Lead and innovate to improve maintenance and installation standards and practices for all DC Facilities Management and Implementation teams
· Operational Improvement - Identify areas of improvement across the DC business to increase productivity, lower operating expense or increase revenue growth within the area of responsibility
· Risk Management – Review and oversee high risk engineering activities for the DC operation and its customers to reduce, mitigate or alleviate any potential impacts to DC service performance
· Crisis Management - Provide crisis management support and escalation support to the Head of Data Centres where required
· Operational Support – Review and maintain capacity management of theDCs including utilisation of assets and pipeline of new/existing business
· Develop and maintain monthly metrics on areas of responsibility
· Lead,motivate and develop a team capable of delivering to theserviceoutcomes and constantly looking at areas to improve thequalityofservice delivery
· Lead and innovate on efforts to improve energy efficiency including renewable energy
· Work with other DC management on sustainability certification and standards including NABERS, ISO14001 and ISO50001
Skills & Experience:
Extensive experience of working on large critical infrastructure projects above $50 million
Proven leadership skills in managing multiple teams of technical staff
Extensive service management experience and ITIL knowledge
Strong customer relationship skills
Sound financial planning and management skills
A deep understanding of the Data Centre Outsourcing market
An ability to drive change
Excellent written and oral communication skills
True understanding of Safety first
NV1 security clearance highly regarded
Fujitsu complies with government legislation in various jurisdictions which in certain circumstances may impose a requirement that certain workers be vaccinated against COVID-19 (or otherwise have a valid exemption). Also, for client facing roles, many of our customers require our staff to be vaccinated to attend their workplaces. Based on Fujitsu’s assessment of workplace risk and the safety and wellbeing of our people and consultation with our staff, Fujitsu has introduced a Vaccination Requirements policy which requires all persons entering a Fujitsu workplace, attending a Fujitsu work-related event, or entering other premises to undertake work on Fujitsu’s behalf to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or the subject of an appropriate exemption (and to provide evidence of the same). Consequently as a result of Fujitsu’s policy, and, where applicable , customer and legislated vaccination requirements, Fujitsu requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated or have an authorised exemption approved by Fujitsu’s Crisis management Team (CMT). Recruits will be required to provide evidence of their vaccination status as part of the recruitment process.
Report this job advert
Don’t provide your bank or credit card details when applying for jobs.
Find out the average salary for an Engineering Manager across Australia