What you’ll do
Leading a large team (6 Direct reports) and reporting to the CFO, you will be an integral part of a passionate finance team. The Head of Group Financial Control will be a strong communicator who is confident in leading conversations with senior stakeholders, and will be comfortable working in a fast paced environment across financial accounting, technical accounting, finance operations and internal controls to ensure that the Company’s financial records are of a high standard.
- Share expertise to drive a culture of operational excellence in financial control processes and activities across the business to ensure control and governance requirements are met across the Australian and international operations, with a continued focus on value added activities
- Develop, grow, and manage the Financial Control and accounting function in delivery of accurate and timely month-end, year-end and half-year reporting and compliance obligations
- You will be responsible for driving process improvement and operational performance by challenging the status quo and identifying and executing on opportunities for greater efficiency of financial compliance activities and quality of management information.
- Develop and support solutions that drive improvements in the Financial Operations teams (encompassing Billing, Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable)
- Collaborate and connect to lead critical projects as and when they occur, including system migrations/implementations and business combinations
- Understand and agree Preparation and presentation of Audit Committee papers
- Ensure that international markets are preparing financial results to a high standard and in accordance with IFRS accounting standards. Act as a key business partner for international CFO’s
- Key contributor in due diligence and Purchase Price Accounting (PPA) outcomes for any small and large scale acquisitions that may occur
- Demonstrated inclusive and interpersonal attributes that connect you to our behaviours (we change the game, we own it, we step in, we are curious, we don’t take ourselves too seriously)
- Demonstrate understanding and expertise in ASX listed environment
- Expertise to lead and engage relevant teams.
- Motivation and proven track record in achieving results and ability to prioritise work in accordance with reporting needs and manage multiple tasks under tight deadlines
- Excellent communicator with confidence in leading conversations with senior stakeholders
- Flexibility to adapt and respond to changes emerging in a rapid paced environment
- Professional accounting qualification (CPA/CA)
- Previous experience with NetSuite ERP or similar accounting programs advantageous
A few other things we want to let you know about...
carsales is an equal opportunity employer who prides themselves on fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. We encourage everyone of all ages, genders and backgrounds to apply. If you’re a candidate with a disability or you’ll need some adjustments to be at your best, let us know how we can provide you with additional support.
We know how important keeping that balance between work/life is and have a range of flexible working options on offer, including part time. We are open to this conversation during our recruitment process if you want to know more just ask!
We are a proud Circle Back Initiative Employer which means we are committed to responding to every job applicant.
Successful candidates joining the carsales family are required to undergo a National Police Record check and must have full-time Australian working rights on an ongoing basis.
So come and join our team - because every role is a big role in our plans to go big.