Do you think it’s important to do things you believe in? So do we.
At Avanade, we believe the rich fabric of who we are has been borne out of people bringing out the best in each other. By being generous with their time, by sharing experiences and taking the time to understand what’s important, we all benefit from that moment of lift. Together we go beyond.
About the opportunity
This is a senior role with wide-ranging and often complex responsibilities, which call for a depth and breadth of business knowledge beyond the business development discipline.
This role sits within our Infrastructure Talent Community
As the Microsoft Azure Platform Services Regional Offering Lead, you will be responsible for the strategy and growth of our Azure Platform offerings. This role will be responsible for the continually evolution of the existing Azure Platform service offerings and delivering against sales and financial performance measures. With the agility and energy of a company backed by the resources of Accenture and Microsoft you’ll collaborate with a team of people who thrive on turning ideas and innovations into breakthrough results for leading organizations around the globe. Ultimately, we’re not just making business better. We’re making life better for our client partners and their customers.
In this role you will be expected to support and encourage cross-solution area opportunities and outcomes, ensuring that Avanade delivers solutions that provide value for clients and results for our business. This role will work in close partnership with the sales organization to drive offerings to target clients and you will also partner with Talent Community Leads to focus on resource and skill needs, both present and future, to ensure the organization is ready and capable to deliver our managed services offerings.
What you will love doing
- Driving the offering every day; serving as the “face” of the offering internally and externally in Australia, support offering sales through delivery, including capability and capacity, and regional relationships with our offering alliance partners, Microsoft and Accenture.
- Collaborate with and educate account and sales team to drive offerings to target clients, including all stages of the deal pursuit, review and approval
- Be an evangelist for our Azure Platform offerings, educating our sales force and partners around the value that these offerings can provide our clients
- Work with marketing to drive demand for our offerings
- Act as main point of contact with local partners, primarily Accenture and Microsoft, to review pipeline, educate on our offerings, and ensure Azure is considered as part of proposed solutions with clients
- Strong customer interface and presentation skills are essential in this role, together with a mind-set of customer service. A skilful negotiator, you will be confident acting as trusted advisor when dealing with customers’ business needs.
- Proactive and practical, you will be adept at assessing market and customer requirements, collaborating with the Australian sales team, Accenture, and Microsoft. You will be skilled at determining priorities, establishing a systematic course of action to ensure successful completion, and allocating time and resources effectively. Inside and outside Avanade, your interpersonal skills will enable you to leverage your network to facilitate, develop and influence.
- Ideally you have experience selling and delivering Azure Platform Services for applications and/or infrastructure, particularly where you have involved leveraging offshore resources in deal pursuits.
Who you will enjoy working with
As part of the Infrastructure team, you’ll enjoy a collaborative and energetic culture whilst realising innovative and tangible solutions for our clients. Led by Andrew Wilkie who has a supportive leadership style and is all about empowering you to make the most out of your career. And in terms of the big picture, Avanade proudly celebrates the leadership of Global CEO, Pamela Maynard who has brought our purpose of making a genuine human impact to the forefront of the work we do for our clients, their employees, and their customers.
What we’re interested in you having (Non-technical)
- 10+ years working experience with Microsoft technologies
- Experience selling global on/offshore solutions, working with global delivery centres
- Experience selling large scale, multi-year managed services solutions
- Experience working with customer teams to identify opportunities
- Strong customer interface and presentation skills, with a Customer Focused attitude
- Able to act as a trusted advisor in addressing our customer's business needs
What you can expect from us
- Take full advantage of 5 MyDays off a year to relax, rebalance and focus on your health and wellbeing or honour your personal cultural beliefs
- Love a gadget? Of course you do! Go spoil yourself on us. Gadget allowances start from $1,000 pa
- Your wellbeing matters to us. That’s why you’ll receive $2,000 pa to help you, take care of you
- Empower others and be empowered through our employee networks: Women employees, PRISM for LGBTI+ employees and Veterans employees
- Help yourself to an extensive menu of Microsoft and technology certifications and enjoy up to 80 paid training hours per year
Share this job:Share Facebook Twitter About Avanade
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital, cloud and advisory services, industry solutions and design-led experiences across the Microsoft ecosystem. Every day, our 59,000 professionals in 26 countries make a genuine human impact for our clients, their employees and their customers.
We have been recognized as Microsoft’s Global SI Partner of the Year more than any other company. With the most Microsoft certifications (60,000+) and 18 (out of 18) Gold-level Microsoft competencies, we are uniquely positioned to help businesses grow and solve their toughest challenges.
We are a people first company, committed to providing an inclusive workplace where employees feel comfortable being their authentic selves. As a responsible business, we are building a sustainable world and helping young people from underrepresented communities fulfil their potential.
Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.