Laying in the heart of Napa Valley, The Estate Yountville features two magnificent hotels that embody the perfect getaway and retreat. Surrounded by vineyards, Michelin-star restaurants and exquisite views in Yountville, our 22-acre haven sits among one the most coveted viticulture regions in the world. We invite our guests to immerse themselves in a redesigned Wine Country experience in a delightfully vino-cultured manner: two luxury hotels with decidedly different personalities – the vibrant Hotel Villagio and its sophisticated counterpart, Vintage House, a chic and tranquil sanctuary. A combined room-count of nearly 200 rooms and suites allows us to create a memorable experience for any occasion!
The Bartender is responsible for preparing food and drink orders serving beverages and meals to patrons as regulated by state and federal age requirements and coordinating lounge/bar activities.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Checks identification of customers to verify age requirements for purchase of alcohol.
- Presents menu answers questions and takes food and beverage orders from guests and/or serving staff.
- Prepares drink orders including wine liquor and beer.
- Prepare appetizers and food items according to recipes and standards.
- Monitors seating in lounge/bar area ensuring all guests are served.
- Computes bill and accepts payment; tracks and balances sales receipts.
- Attempts to limit problems and liability related to customers' excessive drinking by taking steps such as discontinuing alcohol service and notifying management of potential problem(s).
- Clean bars work areas and tables as well as glasses utensils and bar equipment.
- Maintains kitchen and lounge station by keeping area tidy; clean and stock kitchen and bar at the end of each shift.
- Plan organize and control the operations of the lounge/bar area.
- Slice and pit fruit for garnishing drinks.
- Arrange bottles and glasses to make attractive displays.
- Create drink recipes.
- Inventories liquor food supplies and equipment weekly. Order or requisition supplies as needed.
- Ensures all temp logs and waste logs are maintained daily.
- Receives dates and examines foodstuffs and supplies to ensure quality and quantity meet established standards and specifications.
- Ensures tips are reported properly for tax processing.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Three to six months related experience; or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Alcohol Awareness Certification (must comply with State regulations).
- Requires the ability to read write and speak the English language.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; develops alternative solutions and uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Ability to manage difficult or emotional customer situations; includes the ability to respond promptly to customer needs and requests for service and assistance.
- Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
- Knowledge of and ability to appropriately interpret and follow policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of and ability to adhere to safety and security procedures; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
- Ability to present and express ideas and information clearly and concisely in a manner appropriate to audience whether oral or written.
- Ability to meet the demands of the work schedule to be at work and on time. May occasionally require the ability to work outside of regularly scheduled hours. Schedules may vary based on business need.
- MUST HAVE OPEN AVAILABILITY
When Hired, get $60 toward your TIPS training renewal.
Hotel Villagio & Vintage House offer an attractive compensation and benefits package and the opportunity to be part of a dynamic team.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Hotel Villagio and Vintage House are equal opportunity employers (Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans)