Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Financial – Sustains growth through financial stewardship & fiscal responsibility.
• Ensures standards for quality services are met, conducts quality assurance checks, and develops strategies for improvement.
• Maintains daily product par levels through proper management of rotations, ensuring that daily production and revenue goals are met.
• Assists with conducting new goods inventory and ensures proper reporting.
• Reconciles and balances all daily paperwork.
• Manages and adheres to assigned budget.
2. Customer & Community – Collaborates with customers to understand and deliver customer’s needs & expectations.
• Builds and manages strong working relationships with customers and team members, maintaining standards of excellent customer service.
• Works to de-escalate customer situations while finding an appropriate solution; involves upper management, as needed.
• Maintains the day-to-day operations of the clearance department including managing and meeting team member and customer needs.
• Ensures the store is clean, well-kept, and reflects the Goodwill brand appropriately.
• Coordinates and effectively communicates with various GCNA divisions.
3. Operational Excellence – Implements strategies to maximize resources and infrastructure.
• Makes decisions on matters relating to the day-to-day operation within his/her defined work area, including determining product placement.
• Provides regular mentoring and training to develop skills of team members; ensures that team members are operating per company standards and procedures.
• Responsible for following and ensuring all safety rules are complied with and appropriate safety equipment is used. Immediately takes action and/or reports any unsafe or potential hazards.
• Must have reliable transportation in order to perform daily tasks such as dropping off the bank deposit, helping at other stores, and attending personal training and development classes.
• Processes complex sales transactions, including customer returns.
4. Team Goodwill – Promotes a culture that embraces growth & development to meet the needs of our team.
• Builds a high-performing team.
• Responsible for performance management (coaching, discipline, performance improvement plans, and annual reviews), staffing, compensation, and development of team members.
• Models Goodwill Core Values – Trust, Collaboration, Engagement, Ownership, and Innovation
• Plays critical role in driving company culture change efforts and change management processes.
Performs other related duties, as assigned.
You will be eligible for a comprehensive Total Rewards package, 1st of the month following 60 days of employment that includes the following:
Become a valuable part of our team and work for a company which has been named a Best Place to work by the Phoenix Business Journal 4 out of the last 5 years. Work for a company which has seen double digit growth year after year for nearly a decade. Work for a company which values diversity and is centered on success. Goodwill of Central & Northern Arizona - We Put People to Work!
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, the presence of a non-job related medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status. We will make reasonable accommodation and modification, including adaptive devices, to assist any person with a disability to apply for and, if hired, to perform the duties the position they seek. Assistance could include help in completing on-line application as well as providing alternative communication, e.g., Braille and Large Print.