Now Hiring Caregivers to work 1:1 Patient Care in Waynesville, NC!
The Caregiver is a person who provides support, assistance with personal hygiene and household functions for an individual to be able to remain in their own home.
- 1:1 Patient Care
- Full-Time, Part-time, and PRN availability
- Benefits with 32+ Hours per week
- Medical/Dental/Vision, PTO, 401k, and more
- Many hours/shifts to choose from
- Days and/or Evenings
- Weekdays and Weekends
Access Community-Based Services, a part ofLHC Group, is the preferred post-acute care partner for hospitals, physicians and families nationwide. From home health and hospice care to long-term acute care and community-based services, we deliver high-quality, cost-effective care that empowers patients to manage their health at home. Hospitals and health systems around the country have partnered with LHC Group to deliver patient-centered care in the home. More hospitals, physicians and families choose LHC Group, because we are united by a single, shared purpose: It's all about helping people.
- Reports observations of the client's condition to the Agency Director or accounts manager. Notifies the Executive Director immediately if any incidents or accidents occur.
- Utilize the E.V.V. (Electronic Visit Verification) program as applicable.
- Drives safely, complies with traffic regulations, and wears a seat belt when business travel is required.
- May provide or assist clients with activities of daily living including: bathing in bed, tub or shower; care of hair including shampoo, combing and brushing; care of teeth and mouth including denture care; nail care, filing only; skin care including pericare and applying lotion; transfer of patient from bed to chair and to wheelchair. Transfer of patients on and off bedpan,commode and toilet. Assist client in preparing for bed. Position patient in bed as directed. Assists with ambulation including with cane, walker and crutches. Personal care dressing of client. Medication reminder.
- Assists with household tasks directly essential to client's personal care.
- Accompanies client to medical appointments or shopping and performing other essential errands, if necessary.
- Measures and records oral, rectal, and auxiliary temperatures, pulse and respiration, and blood pressure when ordered within the training limitations of the aide.
- Prepares meals as required based upon client's preferred diet. May need to feed client if required.
- Provides clean and safe environment within the home including safe use of equipment such as side rails, oxygen, wheelchairs, Hoyer lifts, etc.
- Ensures confidentiality of client records and information.
- Records and reports activities related to personal care responsibilities, as required.
- Responds promptly to client requests
- Documents all client related activities in a timely manner.
- Participates in performance improvement inservices.
- Reacts to change productively and performs other job-related tasks and duties as assigned.
- Prior experience in home care preferred.
- Current Drivers License, vehicle insurance, and access to a dependable vehicle or public transportation.
Equal Opportunity Employer - vets, disability.
Must be fully vaccinated or be willing to complete full vaccination by date of hire and proof of vaccination will be required. If permitted by state law, the company will consider requests for religious or medical exemptions.
Our company was founded over 20 years ago on the principle that “it’s all about helping people,” and we live by those words today. It’s our mission to provide exceptional care and unparalleled service to patients and families who have placed their trust in us. We grow to fulfill this mission. When you become part of the LHC Group family, you’re choosing a career path that will challenge you to grow both personally and professionally.
Every day, all across the country, our LHC Group family is helping people. There are 10,000 of us, standing shoulder to shoulder, helping the patients in our care live, fuller, healthier lives. We do this because helping people is, quite simply, the reason we exist. It’s our purpose.