Apex Companion Care is now hiring Home Health Aides in New Smyrna area!
Come Join Our Amazing Team Today!
- Loyalty Bonus
- 1:1 Patient Care
- Weekly Pay
- Flexible Schedules
- Earn PTO if 32+Hours/Week
- FT/PT/Floater Positions Available
- Ability to work close to Home
The HHA helps patients stay in their homes by monitoring and reporting on a patient's condition, providing support and personal services, and by educating patients and family members. The Full Time Staff Aide must be flexible with regard to patient assignments and available on a full-time basis to accept assignments as patient needs arise.
Apex Companion Care , a part ofLHC Group, is the preferred post-acute care partner for hospitals, physicians and families nationwide. From home health and hospice care to long-term acute care and community-based services, we deliver high-quality, cost-effective care that empowers patients to manage their health at home. Hospitals and health systems around the country have partnered with LHC Group to deliver patient-centered care in the home. More hospitals, physicians and families choose LHC Group, because we are united by a single, shared purpose: It's all about helping people.
- Consistently and reliably accepts patient assignments based on patient and agency needs.
- Available on designated work days.
- Follows all policies and procedures of LHC Group and agency, as well as all applicable federal, state and local requirements.
- Understands and complies with HIPAA and any other confidentiality obligations.
- Accurate and timely documentation of hours worked.
- Accurate and timely documentation of services performed.
- Monitors patient condition by observing physical and mental condition and exercise.
- Accurate and timely reporting of observations of the patient's condition to the appropriate supervisor including immediatenotification of any incidents, accidents, or unusual conditions.
- Effective utilization of the Electronic Visit Verification or other visit documentation program as applicable.
- Competent provision of and/or assistance with activities of daily living as applicable including: bathing, dental care, nail care,filing only, skin care including peri care and lotion application.
- Safe transfer of patient from bed to chair and to wheelchair.
- Safe transfer of patients on and off bedpan and/or toilet.
- Documents all client related activities in a timely manner.
- Assists patient with bedtime preparations including personal care, dressing, positioning and medication reminders.
- Supports patients by providing housekeeping and laundry services, shopping for food and other household requirements,preparing and serving meals and snacks, and running errands.
- Assists with ambulation including with cane, walker or crutches, if appropriate and helps patients care for themselves.
- Accompanies client to medical appointments.
- Measures and records oral, rectal, and auxiliary temperatures, pulse and respiration, and blood pressure when ordered withinthe training limitations.
- Prepares meals as required based upon the patient's preferred or prescribed diet and assists with feeding as needed.
- Provides clean and safe environment within the home including safe use of equipment needed by the patient.
- Responds promptly and professionally to client requests.
- Helps family members care for the patient by teaching appropriate ways to lift, turn, and re-position the patient cleanliness,and housekeeping.
- Participates in required agency meetings and in-service presentations.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Performs other job-related tasks and duties as assigned.
- Six months experience in personal care or home community based services preferred.
- Current driver's license, vehicle insurance and access to a dependable vehicle or public transportation.
- Current CPR certification required
State Specific Requirements
- AR: Must have at least one year of experience in an institution setting, have a certificate issued by the state of Arkansas for working in a long term care facility OR completed a 40 hour aide training course as specified by the state of Arkansas.
- NY: Successful completion of a 75 hour training program with evidence of certificate of completion.
- TN: Successful completion of a total of 75 hours of training which include 16 hours of clinical training prior to or during the first three months of employment and who is qualified to provide basic services, including simple procedures as extension of therapy services, personal care regarding nutritional needs, ambulation and exercise, and household services essential to health care at home.
- WI: Must be listed on the Wisconsin Home Health Aide Registry
- KY: No additional state specific requirements
Skill / Availability Requirements
- Ability to work on a full-time basis and willingness to work flexible schedules based on patient and agency needs.
- Ability to function competently and professionally in any home situation regardless of protected status including but not limited to age, race, creed, color, sex, disability, or financial condition of the patient.
- Ability to work independently
- Good communication, writing, and organizational skills
Our company was founded over 20 years ago on the principle that “it’s all about helping people,” and we live by those words today. It’s our mission to provide exceptional care and unparalleled service to patients and families who have placed their trust in us. We grow to fulfill this mission. When you become part of the LHC Group family, you’re choosing a career path that will challenge you to grow both personally and professionally.
Every day, all across the country, our LHC Group family is helping people. There are 10,000 of us, standing shoulder to shoulder, helping the patients in our care live, fuller, healthier lives. We do this because helping people is, quite simply, the reason we exist. It’s our purpose.