• Occupational safety.
• Ensure implementation of Client Limited EHS Plan & Policy.
• Develop a culture to anticipate and prevent health hazardous conditions.
• Identify hazards for all High Risks Activities, assess the risks and define control measures with site management.
• Review plans and specifications for new machinery and equipment to make sure they meet safety requirements.
• Implement, maintain & approve contractors EHS document as per OHSAS 18001 requirements.
• Support section manager, site engineer & supervisor to communicate risk assessments and method statements down to the worker's level.
• Continuously monitor High Risks Activities and implementation of safety control measures.
• Define and organize entry of personnel, vehicles, tools & tackles and machineries by thorough scrutinization of their documents and necessary PTW.
• Carry out HSE inspections and advise site management for improvement of safety health and environment.
• Facilitate HSE internal & external audit and assist site HSE lead in compliance of the nonconformity raises.
• Exercise authority to suspend work, in case of deviations in High-Risk Activities rules, until corrective actions are taken
• Control necessary CPE/PPEs are provided, worn & are checked periodically for their suitability
• Ensure safety inductions for all new entry and safety training when required.
• Make sure toolbox talks are performed by contractor.
• Assist Project Head to conduct periodical HSE coordination meetings with Client / Contractors / Partners / other governing body and raise important issues to Unit management.
• Report immediately and investigate all HSE events to a suitable level depending upon the severity or potential severity.
• Identify & comply with legal & other requirements as applicable.
• Ensure all preventive measures against loss of materials and production through fire, explosion, unsafe storage and unsafe transportation are complying.
• Ensure adequate amenities are provided and in compliance with good workplace hygiene standard such as proper and enough ventilation, clean and protected drinking water, first AID, rest room, toilet, transportation of workers.
• Periodic audits of labour camps & report to management
• Conduct medical check-up of workers.
• Drive behaviours preventing illnesses in workplace by engaging management.
• Daily Inspection Report - This report shall contain the details of location-wise activities performed on a day along with observations and photographs.
• Weekly Consolidated Report- Consolidated report of all locations covered in a week.
• Monthly Report - Consolidated report of all the locations covered in that month.
• Identified issues and issues closed.
• Safety Violation or Non-Conformity Report All observed safety violation or non-compliances shall be reported as NCR. Regular follow-ups for timely closure of the same shall also be done.
• Consolidated NC Logbook - All identified non-compliances shall be entered in the logbook and the status of the same shall be updated regularly.
• Final Consolidated Project Safety Report - To be submitted at the end of the project.
• Report to the Project HSE lead of Client.
• All identified critical issues shall be communicated over phone and email immediately to Site HSE Lead, in addition to the reports listed above.
• All data and information shall be submitted in formats provided / approved by Client.
The scope of the service includes responsibility for field EHS assurance and compliance monitoring of every stage of activity like excavation, foundation, erection and stringing in accordance with project Client EHS Plan, EHS manual, SOP.
Skills: HSE Officer EHS EHS Engineer HSE Management System HSE Management Industrial Safety Safety Management EHS Management Safety HSE Site Engineering Safety Officer
Experience: 8.00-13.00 Years
Education: Bachelor Of Computer Application (B.C.A), Masters in Technology (M.Tech/M.E), Bachelor of Science (B.Sc), Bachelor of Arts (B.A), Master of Commerce (M.Com), Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com), Masters in Arts (M.A)