Actively monitor/action batch events and failures
• Be part of a 24*7 shift basis team
• Perform required system / application / service health checks
• Effective communications during both preventive maintenance activity and Request for Change activity
• Support processes (currently aligned to ITIL best practice)
• Compliance of all risk and audit requirements.
• Ensures that all requests from users for assistance are handled promptly and effectively.
• Regularly monitors the incidents, status and speed of resolution of enquiries and incidents; is pro-active in devising improvements and recommending changes to systems, products or services.
• Obtain diagnostic data to assist in the investigation and resolution of incidents. Matches unresolved incidents against existing problems, known errors and other incidents. Ensures that incidents and problems in systems and services are fully documented within the configuration/change management & problem reporting system.
• Classifies and prioritizes unresolved incidents. Initiates and co-ordinates investigations to discover root causes, and progresses the implementation of remedial action. Ensures that investigations are fully documented.
• Keeps relevant staff informed of the status of incidents and services and ensures that agreed actions relating to incident investigation and clearance are taken within the allotted time scales.
• Log, classify and escalates incidents
• Match incidents to known errors and identify possible workarounds
• Isolate faults
• Track and appropriately escalate incident progress in accordance with SLA compliance
• Manage incident transfer / escalation into appropriate 2nd line Command Centre (AMSC) resolution groups.
• Resolve simple incidents e.g. scripted recoveries, agreed incident resolution with customer
Change & Release Management
• Accepts and challenges both application development projects and/or infrastructure component changes, ensuring that they meet the defined acceptance criteria.
• Maintain constant visibility and awareness of all scheduled changes
• Validate incidents / events against the Change calendar
• Ensures that existing problems and known errors in systems and services being brought into operation are understood and managed in the same way as those arising from operational incidents.
• Initiate Problem Management activities to remove repetitive incidents and unknown root cause analysis.
• Resolves incidents/problems with appropriate use of escalation and notification procedures.
• Can work to deadlines and has the capability to perform escalation in failure and delay
• Understands the importance of team work.
• Has experience of incident & problem management disciplines. (Added Advantage)
• Familiar with technical documentation standards, guidelines and best practices. (Added Advantage)
Required Skills & Competencies:
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Quick learning ability and efficient Implementation skills
• Consultative and service oriented while dealing with key stakeholders
• A knowledge of: Linux, SQL, MS Office basic skills— Excel (including functions)
• Self-driven multi-tasker and should be able to work with minimum supervision after knowledge transfer
• Ability to understand and work on various internal systems
Who can apply:
Support Engineer who has a minimum experience of 2-6yrs in a support role or similar. However, those who are in the mentioned cadres and have completed 18 months in the Organization (LTI) but are not allocated to any project/task can apply.
Works as part of a team that is accountable for the overall Routine Operations of all managed infrastructure and applications managed by AMSC Brains & eBox L1 Team.
Skills: Sql, Linux
Experience: 2.00-7.00 Years