The One Application Support Desk provides support and service expertise to local government across the UK. The primary focus of the Support Desk is to manage cases and find effective resolutions.
The ideal candidate will be highly motivated, creative and a real team player, demonstrating an ability to work well within the Support Desk team as well as with both internal and external stakeholders. The tools provided coupled with a creative mind set, will enable the successful candidate to translate the customer cases into viable solutions in the form of workarounds and knowledge. This position will involve working alongside Business Analysts, Consultants, Software Engineers and other personnel to transfer and enhance knowledge.
The candidate will aim to exceed targets and standards set by their Team Leader and have a responsibility to ensure service level agreements are met.
This is a home based role
- To provide technical support on our products to external clients
- Identify and resolve technical issues
- Take ownership of customer cases to ensure timely and effective solutions are provided.
- Thoroughly investigate reported cases and defects through fact gathering and remote support.
- Build strong relationships with Business Analysts, Knowledge Specialists and Technical personnel to identify workarounds, solutions and opportunities for knowledge creation.
- Contribute towards Knowledge Management in the wider business, become a subject matter expert and product virtuoso.
- Adhere to and improve upon current Application Support processes.
- Remain customer focused at all times.
- Learn, support and investigate the functionality of the software at all levels.
- Follow data protection and security regulations.
What we're looking for:
- Experience of successful customer service.
- Excellent communication skills, being able to convey complex and difficult issues both verbally and in writing to customers with varying levels of technical expertise
- Excellent analytical, process-oriented, organisational and problem-solving skills
- Application Support, Software Support or application experience on Capita One Revenues System.
About Capita Technology and Software Solutions
Capita Technology and Software Solutions (TSS) is a newly formed global shared service, responsible for delivering innovation and digital transformation for Capita's businesses and clients. We work collaboratively with Capita's divisions to shape the right digital technology solutions to help clients work differently, engage differently, sell differently and to be resilient to whatever next comes their way. We create innovative technology and software solutions for Capita's clients and businesses while ensuring secure, resilient and predictable service delivery. TSS brings together 5000+ colleagues from across Capita into a single function to deliver world-class technology and software solutions for Capita's businesses and clients.
What's in it for you?
- 23 days' holiday (rising to 27 ) with the opportunity to buy extra leave
- The opportunity to take a paid day out of the office, volunteering for our charity partners or a cause of your choice
- Company matched pension, life assurance, a cycle2work scheme, 15 weeks' fully paid maternity, adoption and shared parental leave, paternity pay of two weeks...and plenty more
- Voluntary benefits designed to suit your lifestyle - from discounts on retail and socialising, to health & wellbeing, travel and technology
- Access to our Employee Network Groups, which represent every strand of diversity and allow colleagues to connect and learn from each other on an open, inclusive platform
- Home based role
You'll get the chance to follow your chosen career path anywhere in Capita. You'll be joining a network of 55,000 experienced, innovative and dedicated individuals across multiple disciplines and sectors. There are countless opportunities to learn new skills and develop in your career, and we'll provide the support you need to do just that. Our purpose is to create a better outcome for you.
What we hope you'll do next:
Choose 'Apply now' to fill out our short application, so that we can find out more about you.
To view our Covid-19 and process adjustments information, please visit the Capita Careers site.
We're an equal opportunity employer, which means we'll consider all suitably qualified applicants regardless of gender identity or expression, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, age, sexual orientation, disability status or any other protected characteristic. We recruit and develop our people based on merit and their passion for creating better outcomes, and we're committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. During the application process, you'll be asked to share your personal characteristics and data with us. This helps us understand our audience so we can make sure we are doing everything we can to attract a diverse range of people and ensure our recruitment processes are fair and inclusive.