BlueScope is an Australian-born, global success story, spanning 18 countries, with a team of over 15,000 people. We’re driven by innovation and are proud that the technologies in our products and brands, like COLORBOND® steel, inspire and protect everything from hospitals and bridges to stadiums and homes.
Come and discover the opportunity to join our BlueScope Distribution business in our Eagle Farm team as an Exports Customer Service Officer. BlueScope Distribution is a provider of single-source product, processing and service solutions in steel and aluminum. The business supports customers in a variety of industries and works with them to help deliver projects on time and to specification. BlueScope Distribution supports its customers by helping them find the freedom to do what they do best.
In this dynamic role, you will partner with a diverse and varied global customer base, working to ensure our product gets to its destination, wherever in the world that may be, on time and in full. Working with a supportive and tight knit team, you will have ownership of the process from beginning to end. Co-ordinating the supply chain and sourcing of product, packaging, distribution, freight and logistics, your success in this role will grow from building key relationships with a variety of functional teams across our broader business.
This opportunity includes a competitive remuneration package, including participation in our Profit Share Program (annual bonus). You will have access to various health and well-being initiatives including our Employee
What Will You Do?
Your excellence in delivering a superior customer experience will be on full display as you:
- source and secure product for customers by utilising a deep knowledge of steel supply chains
- timely and accurate lodgments of supply solutions as per regulatory and process requirements
- manage freight cost solutions and other expenses for on time order fulfilment.
- continuously seek out opportunities to grow the business
More About You
Experience in export logistics or a similar export discipline would be beneficial. You will:
- have superior customer relationship management skills
- be a strong negotiator and influencer of key stakeholders
- juggle multiple priorities at once and deliver outcomes under time pressure
- apply commercial acumen - demonstrated understanding of pricing, and margin and
As BlueScope continues to go from strength to strength, a career with us provides you with the opportunity to grow and be rewarded. At BlueScope, you will:
- create and deliver innovative solutions that drive transformation in our business
- make an impact that really does shape the world we live in
- keep growing through continuous learning and development opportunities
- enjoy the sense of belonging that comes from working with people who genuinely look out for one another
At BlueScope, our people are our strength, and we don’t say that lightly. We want our people to be successful, and to be safe. We offer work-life flexibility through our B-flex program and make sure our inclusive work environment welcomes people of all backgrounds. We’re passionate about driving sustainability outcomes that matter to our communities, including action on climate and our 2050 net zero goal. And we’ll do this through Our Purpose: We create and inspire smart solutions in steel, to strengthen our communities for the future.
Come and discover us at bluescope.com/life-at-bluescope/careers.
Together we can make a world of difference.