The Global Partnerships Specialist will drive 180 Degrees Consulting’s future growth by identifying social sector organizations that can support the organization financially and/or strategically, whilst maximising the NGO’s social impact. The position requires someone who is capable of identifying, pitching and securing partnerships with large organizations, has strong communication and negotiation skills, the ability to work with different cultures and to have a hands-on approach.
- Drive and increase financial sustainability for 180 Degrees as a whole, through global client acquisitions and transactions.
- Establish, negotiate and develop NGO partnerships with sector organisations that help 180 Degrees achieve its strategic goals and maximise its social impact.
- Identify and articulate the USP of 180 Degrees that can be utilized to attract new NGO partners.
- Work collaboratively with the client to develop in-depth project briefs and scopes for university branches undertaking respective projects.
- Cultivate relationships with key stakeholders to drive growth and position 180 Degrees as a leader in our field.
- Manage a portfolio of long-term NGO partnerships through regular communication with partners, maintaining regular communications to monitor the progress of the project, and acting as an escalation point for both the client and consultant team.
Desired skills and attributes
- High levels of verbal and written communication, attention to detail, and professionalism.
- A strategic thinker who can identify, progress and convert external opportunities.
- Willingness to work in a team that operates virtually, and appreciative of the need for careful and consistent documentation of partner interactions in such an environment.
- Organisational and time management skills, with an ability to manage multiple client relationships whilst negotiating new partnerships.
- Problem solving and conflict resolution skills, willing and able to deal with tough client-facing situations.
- Strong negotiation skills with an ability to negotiate, projects, financial contributions and partnership structure.
- Proactive individual that takes initiative to conduct outreach and think of innovative ways to bring new clients and partners into 180DC’s portfolio.
- Previous experience in interacting and negotiating with senior stakeholders at corporations, foundations or governments.
- Prior experience with 180 Degrees is highly desirable, though not essential.
- This role is voluntary, with a significant degree of flexibility in how and when you allocate time during the week.
- You must be able to commit at least 7-10 hours per week, including fortnightly team meetings and a monthly GLT-wide meeting.
- You must be able to commit for a duration of at least 12 months.