Select Plant Hire is one of the largest Specialist Plant Hire service providers in Australia, playing an integral role in the delivery of a wide variety of innovative, high-quality construction projects as part of the Laing O'Rourke Group. Our primary driver is to guarantee the provision of the highest quality plant and associated services to Laing O'Rourke construction projects and the wider market.
Select Plant Hire provides a full service offering through it six major plant categories of Rail, Cranes, General Plant, Heavy / Civil Plant, Fleet and Site Solutions (Buildings and Accommodation).
As Laing O'Rourke has grown into a $6 billion engineering enterprise dedicated to challenging and changing the face of construction worldwide, Select Plant Hire has mirrored the growth of the parent company, servicing a larger portfolio of projects, both in numbers and complexity. Select Plant Hire is the only total solutions provider within the plant industry and continues to grow and maintain one of the broadest plant ranges and capabilities within its global markets.
About the role
We are currently recruiting for a Package Manager - Site Solutions to join the Select Plant Hire Team. The package manager will be responsible for the management and delivery of the project lifecycle from inception through to demobilisation including the ongoing service offering and support and the development of an asset strategy post project.
Other and related responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Lead engagement including identify and closing any gaps with Supply Chain Partners
- Project management with emphasis on subcontractor management, logistics and planning
- Develop and deliver execution strategy in line with SMS, Quality Plan, project budgets and business plan
- Engage with and build relationship with key project stakeholders in area of responsibility
- Front line management of project Installation & Demobilisation
- Identification of Margin Improvement Opportunities
- Support QS in the development of submission for project variations
- Asset utilisation from internal fleet
- Pre & Post tender meetings with client & trade partners
We work hard to create an environment that brings out the best in our people. We believe in building careers through providing a safe, connected and innovative culture that supports ongoing growth and development. We offer industry-leading benefits such as specialised learning and development programs, a mental health and wellbeing program, industry leading paid parental leave policy, family friendly work practices, additional purchased leave option and coaching programs for staff on parental leave.
Diversity & Inclusion
We are committed to building a workforce that reflects the diverse society in which we live and work. We recognise the increasing importance of flexible work arrangements and family friendly work practices to enable and maintain a diverse, adaptive and high performing workforce.
As a proud RAP organisation, Laing O'Rourke is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people from culturally diverse backgrounds.