What sets us apart here at William Adams is our people … and we are very proud to have some of the longest serving sales employees of our industry with us in Tasmania. This role is now available due to a retirement.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Reporting to the Equipment Sales Manager – Tasmania, you will be primarily responsible for developing, managing and executing our Antarctic business operations. This is a permanent full-time position located at our Hobart branch.
The role includes the sale of new and used equipment, technical and product support including parts and service support to our global Antarctic business clients.
Your key responsibilities and targets will include:
- Sales and refurbishment of specially modified Caterpillar and other equipment to all international organisations operating in Antarctica
- Marketing of our extensive experience and skill in the preparation of equipment for cold region applications
- Drive the continual development of our existing and emerging platforms for the specific task of heavy traverse applications
- Maintain regular contact with various Antarctic organisations to gather information on polar activity and/or product developments in order to keep abreast of issues and maximise opportunities
- Embrace a partnering approach toward our Antarctic customers, providing a single point of contact
- Prepare bid specifications, sales quotes and manage the modification of various equipment
- Provide premium levels of product support to Antarctic customers in order to maintain and enhance our position as preferred supplier
- Develop new opportunities working closely with allied suppliers (and contractors) to take advantage of shared knowledge and resources
- Attend Antarctic related forums and annual meetings, promoting our products and services
- Maintain our company Customer Relationship Management reporting tool for all active, current and new clients
- Prepare professional responses to tenders or formal requests for quotations as required
- Assist fellow team members by assisting with consultation with customers, equipment demonstrations and Product Support situations.
Ideally you will have the following skills and attributes:
- in depth knowledge of the Caterpillar product offering
- a passion to work in an equipment sales role within the Antarctic community
- an existing working knowledge of the Antarctic industry
- exemplary customer service and communications skills
- an ability to build rapport with international organisations
- excellent time management and organisation skills
- instinctive and creative researching skills
- ability to identify opportunities
- ensure a positive customer experience each and every time
- Intermediate computer skills and knowledge of key applications such as CRM & Microsoft Office suite
Our people are the heart and soul of William Adams, we pride ourselves on a progressive, professional and rewarding environment, which is built on our values:
Integrity - The power of honesty
Excellence - The power of quality
Teamwork - The power of working together
Commitment - The power of responsibility
Sustainability - The power of endurance
If you are interested in this exciting new challenge and are looking to advance your career, come and join our sales team. We're loud, proud and extremely passionate about what we do!!
Considering this new and exciting challenge? Please call Katie in our Talent Acquisition team with any queries on 03 9566 0691.
** Applications close 27th January 2023 **