Some of our great benefits:
- Sydney Royal Easter Show complimentary tickets and meals
- 15% Staff discount at onsite café 'Uptown Charlies'
- Close to public transport
We are looking for a range of casual assistants for the 2023 Sydney Royal Easter Show.
We are hiring for multiple roles:
We are seeking Administration Assistants to start between January - February 2023. This role is for experienced office all-rounders to support our Competition Coordinators to deliver a variety of administration tasks whilst also providing excellent customer service to various stakeholders. The role will see you working closely with industry experts, committee members and key stakeholders in delivering exceptional service experience to our clients.
Whilst working hours are predominately Monday – Friday, 8:30 am – 5:00 pm, in the lead up to the Show, a high degree of flexibility is essential.
We are seeking Show Assistants to start between March - April 2023. As Show Assistant, you will be assisting with the day to day running of the competition, confidently attending to exhibitor enquiries via phone, email and in person, liaising with multiple stakeholders including exhibitors, officials and sponsors and provide administration support.
These roles are supporting the Competitions throughout the Sydney Royal Easter Show including Arts & Crafts, Woodchop, Domestic Animals, Horse, Poultry, Flower & Garden, Pig & Goat and Sheep.
These roles will require you to work the 2023 Sydney Royal Easter Show period (6 April to 17 April 2023) and will include evening, weekend and public holiday shifts. These casual positions are full time for the contracted period including pre, during and post Show. All roles will be finishing up after the Show.
To be successful in this role you would need to possess the following:
- Demonstrated experience in office administration
- Demonstrate experience working in events, desirable
- Previous experience in customer service
- Demonstrated experience solving complex problems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience developing good relationships across various organisational levels
- Ability to acquire knowledge quickly and accurately
- Experience working under pressure and working to tight deadlines
- Proven history of being punctual & reliable
- Have superior customer service, communication and interpersonal skills
- Be able to work weekdays, weekends and late nights
- Have a positive “can do” attitude
- Be legally entitled to live & work in Australia
The Royal Agricultural Society of NSW (RAS) organises events, and competitions, acts as a guardian for the state’s agricultural heritage, celebrates Australia’s achievements in agriculture and works to promote the viability of rural communities by ensuring that Australia remains a thriving and innovative agricultural producer.
We manage the Sydney Royal Easter Show, Sydney Royal competitions, the RAS Foundation, Australasian Animal Registry and the Sydney Showground. The RAS has a team of over 130 full-time staff and an indispensable pool of casual staff who work on the Easter Show, and other Sydney Showground events.
RAS is an equal opportunity employer that respects and values the contribution and diversity of all our people. Our success depends on strong individual commitment and our ability to work as a team.
How to Apply…
Click the ‘Apply Now’ button and complete the requested information on the application page.
We thank you for your interest in the Royal Agricultural Society of NSW and Sydney Showground and look forward to receiving your application.