Panthers Penrith have a rare opportunity for a qualified and experienced Demi Chef to join their busy and friendly team.
The Benefits …
- Join an industry leader
- Internal & external training opportunities & paid training sessions
- Career development opportunities
- Discounts on merchandise & at our restaurants
- Excellent working conditions & free parking
About us …
Panthers Penrith Leagues Club sits proudly in the middle of what has become the impressive and expansive Panthers Precinct. Our club boasts 10 restaurants, 6 bars and 12 meeting, event and function rooms.
Panthers Penrith is one of 5 venues within the Panthers Group, one of Australia’s largest entertainment groups, and is home to the mighty Penrith Panthers NRL team.
About the Role...
Panthers Penrith are seeking a professional leader to work as a Demi Chef in our busy Banquets kitchen team. In this role you will work closely with the Chef De Partie, Sous Chef and Executive Chef to develop your skills as a Demi Chef and take a step up in their career.
- Support the Chef De Partie, Sous Chef in leading and developing the kitchen team;
- Maintain quality control, including tasting and examining food, for outgoing meals and incoming produce according to specification;
- Prepare, cook and present meals in accordance with venue standards;
- Contribute to controlling costs, improving gross profit margins and other departmental and financial targets as required;
- Provide assistance, guidance and support to chefs;
- presentation, of all menu items and;
- Abide by and ensure all WH&S standards are met at all times.
To be successful in this role, you will possess:
- Excellent leadership and management skills;
- Ability to lead and manage a small kitchen team;
- Great attention to detail,
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Effective time management skills ;
- Exceptional customer service and;
- Passion and dedication to want to develop your skills as a chef.
- 3 years experience post apprenticeship is desired
You will be punctual, have a strong work ethic and a positive and happy attitude to work. You are required to be flexible and reliable as you will need to be available 24/7 to work as required including nights, weekends and public holidays.
Sponsorship or transfer of sponsorship may be available for the successful applicant!
If that sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you!
The Panthers Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages Indigenous Australians to apply.
No recruitment agencies please