Venue Manager - Hervey Bay Bayswater Bar & Grill
Are you looking for an opportunity to work in a busy environment, and to manage a hotel with the best view in Hervey Bay and oversee our detached bottle shop.
About the business
The Bayswater Bar and Grill is located on the Esplanade overlooking the beautiful waters of Hervey Bay. The venue has two bars, restaurant, deck and pizza and gelato area, as well as 25 gaming machines, Keno and TAB facilities.
We are seeking a person who is committed, enthusiastic, has an outgoing personality and the ability to train and motivate a team. The Venue Manager is required to have a willingness to take charge, lead, train, and offer direction to staff.
The Venue Manager is responsible for the venue ensuring the highest quality of Responsible Service of Alcohol compliance is maintained, as well as managing staff
- Previous experience with Max Gaming and Gaming processes
- Thorough knowledge of RSA & RSG compliance
- Leadership and influencing others
- Self-motivation and initiative
- High level of organisational skills
- Ability to manage conflict situations
- Previous Venue Manager experience essential, minimum 2 years experience
- Previous experience with Stock Control
- Staff Rosters
- Experience in maintaining KPIs, wage percentages
- Stock ordering
- Weekly banking
The Venue Manager will be responsible to oversee the general operations of gaming, bar and food service as well as maintain administrative responsibilities.
As someone who is interested in the hospitality industry, you will love to help others, enjoy a fast paced environment and most of all have a great SMILE!
Requirements of this role are:-
- Previous supervisory skills essential
- Staff Management skills - lead by example
- Performance manage staff
- Deal with conflict
- Liquor and Gaming Compliance
- Accurate cash handling experience
- Excellent Computer Skills
- Exceptional Customer Service skills
- Ensure all services to guests are conducted in a highly professional manner
- Bar and Gaming experience, including Keno and TAB
- Food service experience an advantage
- Ensure a safe working environment
- Team worker with a vibrant, friendly personality
- Excellent communication skills - oral and interpersonal
- Excellent personal presentation and grooming
- Self motivated and organized
- Professional pride and honesty
Experience and Qualifications:
- Gaming Nominee
- Responsible Service of Alcohol Certificate - Qld
- Responsible Service of Gaming Certificate
- RMLV Certificate and licence
- First Aid Certificate
Working hours - Days, nights, weekends and public holidays
If you meet the above criteria and you’re interested in contributing to an organisation that values the highest level of quality in everything it sets out to achieve, we want to hear from you!
Applications close: 28/10/2022
Please note that only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
No recruitment agencies please